Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

a question about time

18 hours ago, Tim_Capps said:

it seemed that the simplest explanation was a slight bleed into "the future" while asleep.

That's not a simple explanation though, its an extraordinary one that requires extraordinary evidence. 

I had one experience like this that was either some weird precognition phenomenon that we don't yet understand or an amazing coincidence.

I was about 17 I guess, sitting on the floor of my parents lounge. I was watching Dickie Davis on World of Sport. (Our UK members who are old enough will remember him) I had this image in my mind suddenly appear of a friend I knew at senior school. He was walking down my drive with his swimming gear rolled up in a towel under his arm. He wanted me to go to the swimming baths with him. Probably 10 seconds or so later, from my position on the floor, above the bottom of the bay window, there he was... walking down my drive. He rang the bell and I answered the door. You guessed it, he had his swimming gear rolled up in a towel under his arm, and yes, he wanted me to go with him to the swimming pool. 

Maybe it was precognition. Or maybe, given that there are an unfathomable  number of events that happen to us each day, its pure coincidence and it would be truly weird if we didn't experience coincidences like this from time to time.

Edited by martin-w

Women seem to be better at predicting the future than men are.  They always know if you're going to get 'lucky' or not before you do.

Noel

• Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.