Sign in to follow this  
Greg Goodavish

MCE causing Sim to CTD

Hello.  I am using Prepar3D, v4.5.  I load up a flight at YSSY with the PMDG 737-800.  Everything loads fine with Prepar3D.  I then start up PF3, and put in my flight plan and connect to P3D.  Again, all is fine.   When I start up MCE, it starts up, but when it tries to locate the system files for the PMDG 738, it causes Prepar3D to CTD.  Every time.   Can someone help please?

Greg Goodavish

1 hour ago, Greg Goodavish said:

Hello.  I am using Prepar3D, v4.5.  I load up a flight at YSSY with the PMDG 737-800.  Everything loads fine with Prepar3D.  I then start up PF3, and put in my flight plan and connect to P3D.  Again, all is fine.   When I start up MCE, it starts up, but when it tries to locate the system files for the PMDG 738, it causes Prepar3D to CTD.  Every time.   Can someone help please?

In general, MCE cannot cause the flight sim to CTD since it runs as an external process.

Having said that, in the past, a scenario was reported where P3D appears to freeze.

When that happens it's very likely, installation is missing a few dlls in P3D installation folder.

Just in case you manually copied the wrong dlls (32 bit), I suggest the following..

Go to main \Prepar3D v4Ov5\ installation folder.

If you have a <MCE dlls> folder, delete it

Go back to downloaded unzipped file and look under \Resources\Files\FSx\ folder

Copy entire <MCE dlls x64> folder and paste it to \Prepar3D v4ORv5\ folder. Then rename it to <MCE dlls>.

MCE should then connect to the sim and there should be no freeze.

OK, I did as instructed above.  When using the PMDG 737, it still crashes to desktop when MCE tries to load data on the aircraft (per the message bar on top of the MCE interface.   I tried other payware aircraft, such as the FS Labs A320, and it does not happen with that one, so it has to be something happening where MCE cannot find the PMDG planes info, and it is doing something to cause P3D to crash.

Greg Goodavish

Have you tried disconnecting the MCE and try a flight without it ? Mabye eliminating one by one for troubleshooting purposes. ( I am not a computer nut) Have you used the MCE prior without the crash ?? Sometimes my Windows 10 with a 1600 W power supply (plenty of power ) 128 gb ram....RTX 3900 GTX .. crashes with my 4 ssd's connected  (obviously not needed) and RealSimGear GTN 750 .I find I have to  disconnect the ssd's and lighten the load on the power supply and then the GTN750 .  FINALLY it comes back on without the system crash, at such a point when I reconnect the GTN.  Something wrong with your MCE or aircraft software  bug ?

Edited by wwdavis

7 hours ago, Greg Goodavish said:

OK, I did as instructed above.  When using the PMDG 737, it still crashes to desktop when MCE tries to load data on the aircraft (per the message bar on top of the MCE interface.   I tried other payware aircraft, such as the FS Labs A320, and it does not happen with that one, so it has to be something happening where MCE cannot find the PMDG planes info, and it is doing something to cause P3D to crash.

Always open to potential issues raising every now and then. It's a dynamic setup after all. Sim updated (luckily doesn't apply here since V4.5 is final), planes updated, and sometimes MCE has to adjust to changes.

Not aware of PMDG updating their plane recently though, and it's by far the most flown plane in general and many users have it hooked on MCE.

Would appreciate if those folks could chime in so we can eventually look at it closer if the isue is confirmed.

On 7/24/2021 at 8:14 AM, Greg Goodavish said:

Just a question Greg. Are you running P3dv4.5 on the latest Windows 10, fully updated?

I ask because I have two PC's. An old Win 7 PC with P3d4.5 and a new PC with latest updated Win 10.

My P3d on the new Win 10 machine just CTD and wouldn't load. I've just finished reinstalling P3d and most of the software. 

Unconnected (perhaps) to your issue, but with Win 10 on the new PC, I can't run Flight 1 GTN, HiFi Active Sky or Real Traffic? These don't CTD but don't run?

My Win 7 PC runs everything without issues. So I have Win 10 in the dock, suspected of foul play!🥴

Just my two penneth, since I don't have PF3 or the PMDG 737. Hope you get it sorted. 

Edited by charlie130
Typo

My Pmdg planes are up to date, as is P3D and Windows 10.  I ran the sim with PF3 and no MCE, withe the PMDG 737, and no problem.  With MCE, all is good as it is setting up until I see the message in the interface it is looking for the aircraft data, and the P3D crashes to desktop.  I flew1 a flight last night with both MCE and PF3, with the FS Labs A320 with no issues.

Greg Goodavish

OK, I did some experimenting.  I loaded up the PMDG 777 and then the PMDG 747 QOTS II, with PF3, and then MCE.   All of them loaded up fine, without issues or CTD.  I did notice that I never got that message in the MCE interface saying "looking for data for current aircraft", like I do with the 737.   I then loaded up the 737 with PF3 and MCE.   I again got that message "looking for data for current aircraft" in the MCE interface again, and then Prepar3D crashed to desktop.  So it only happens with the 737.  Since it does it right after that message, could MCE be looking for something it can't find, and then the sim CTD because of that?

Greg Goodavish

7 hours ago, Greg Goodavish said:

OK, I did some experimenting.  I loaded up the PMDG 777 and then the PMDG 747 QOTS II, with PF3, and then MCE.   All of them loaded up fine, without issues or CTD.  I did notice that I never got that message in the MCE interface saying "looking for data for current aircraft", like I do with the 737.   I then loaded up the 737 with PF3 and MCE.   I again got that message "looking for data for current aircraft" in the MCE interface again, and then Prepar3D crashed to desktop.  So it only happens with the 737.  Since it does it right after that message, could MCE be looking for something it can't find, and then the sim CTD because of that?

Each complex plane is interacted with via a different dll

mcfslA3X for FsLabs A3XX

mcpdm77X for PMDG T7

mcmjq400.dll for Majestic dash

mcpmd74V2.dll for 747 QOTS.

etc...

That's what the 40 dlls in that folder are for.

Noticed that the very latest "mcpmd73X.dll" somehow wasn't digitally signed (which may suggest other screw up with that specific file).

A new dll has been generated and digitally signed.

Get the patch

Unzip and manually replace files as per folder structure. Notably "mcpmd73X.dll" in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder.

Should get you going.

OK, I updated with your provided file.   Still causing CTD of P3D with the PMDG 737.  I tried uninstalling MCE and reinstalling version 2.9.2.6.  Still CTD.  (I had not tried the PMDG 737 before with version 2.9.2.6).  So I updated again with 2.93 and your provided files, and still CTD.  Not sure what else to do.  The PMDG 737 is the only plane doing this.  PF3 and P3D work fine with that plane.  It is only when MCE is started that it CTD, and that is after the message in the interface says it is updating the aircraft data.

Greg Goodavish

4 hours ago, Greg Goodavish said:

OK, I updated with your provided file.   Still causing CTD of P3D with the PMDG 737.  I tried uninstalling MCE and reinstalling version 2.9.2.6.  Still CTD.  (I had not tried the PMDG 737 before with version 2.9.2.6).  So I updated again with 2.93 and your provided files, and still CTD.  Not sure what else to do.  The PMDG 737 is the only plane doing this.  PF3 and P3D work fine with that plane.  It is only when MCE is started that it CTD, and that is after the message in the interface says it is updating the aircraft data.

Yes, the freeze is only know to happen when MCE connects to the sim and somehow the relevant dll is missing.

Go to \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder and confirm "mcpmd73X.dll" version, size and last updated. Thanks

13 minutes ago, Greg Goodavish said:

The file number is 2.1.3.5, the size is 93.6KB, and the date updated is 07-26-2021

That's the correct file.

With PMDG NGX, the dll interacts with that plane using the PMDG SDK. Make sure Data broadcasting is enabled, or else, the dll won't have access to information.

Go to \Prepar3D v4\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\ and open "737NGX_Options.ini". Ensure

[SDK]

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

If you have the NGXu edition, do the same with the other aircraft folder.