Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

Lots of Aliaising/Blurry Textures in SU5

I'm gonna say this one more time.  And then I'm out of this thread because it's starting to heat up a bit. 

Disable "Depth of Field".   

Click on the following link.  In the original post look for the large BOLD word "GRAPHICS".   Right under that word,   click on "Depth of Field".   It will expand,  and you will see 5 screenshots,  "off" through "ultra".

Click on the "off" pic.   Then you can click on the right side of the image to advance through the series of 5 pictures to ultra.  As you advance it gets more and more blurred.   Ultra is blurry AF.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-graphics-settings-and-performance-guide-3-16-2021/132407

I also suggest turning off motion blur,   because I hate the effect and since it's a post processing effect it eats GPU cycles.    It can cause noticeable lag when view panning in my experience.

I also suggest turning off lens flare.   because it too is post processing and only serves to emulate the glare you see through a camera's lens.  

Check out each photo of the different effects on that page,  and see which effects you prefer to disable or reduce.

In FS20 options set "anisotropic filtering" to 16x.    Set "Texture Supersampling" to at least 4x4.

For Nvidia users,

In Nvidia CP,   try setting "Texture Filtering Quality" to "High Quality".    Try setting "Texture Filtering Negative LOD Bias" to "Clamp".

Good Luck.

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CombatCustard said:

so your rapidly shifting the camera position to get the effect you can whinge about?

'Whinge about'?? Honestly, your level of rudeness in your reply says it all.  Because some of us are having issues that weren't in the sim before, you apparantly feel the need to be insulting. How very mature.

For your information, my hat switch default snaps to view so when the camera shifts around in the video it's by default and it was not to show the scenery popping in as you claim I whinged about but to show the blurry textures and aliasing.

Edited by steve310002

19 hours ago, The Moose said:

Blurry textures?   Wow.  It's never looked so crisp and sharp as it does now.  Probably helped by the fact i can now increase my render scale by 40% but it's pretty stunning.

Case and point. Look, I am glad it's better for you with your setup but clearly if you increased your render scale by 40% you weren't using 4K. 

I reckon those not seeing the downgrade issues are not flying in 4K. I can imagine in 1080p or 1440p it probably looks great. Not so much in 4K when before we could actually appreciate distant textures and no anti-aliasing prior to SU5.

I'm retired so I have lots of time to whinge about.

• Like 1

Keep this thread clean, I already hid one post. Please refrain from personal attacks or inappropriate language, or this gets locked.

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11