Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

Lots of Aliaising/Blurry Textures in SU5

Blurry textures?   Wow.  It's never looked so crisp and sharp as it does now.  Probably helped by the fact i can now increase my render scale by 40% but it's pretty stunning.  I just ran a full tank out of the Bell 47 flying around the San Francisco area just marveling at the scene below and around me. I couldn't stop flying.  One of the best flight sim experiences i've ever had,  with one caveat...

The clouds have absolutely been downgraded. You have to be very close or in them to see it, but I cant deny the horrible banding, weird colour and graining.  They absolutely were not like this previously.

Love this update, the overall visuals are improved, but the cloud issue is very noticeable unfortunately.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, lownslow said:

I was a little concerned Asobo's magical performance fix would be simply to cut the graphics quality down.  I'm shocked that they actually went that route though.

unless they had to for the console version. 

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

8 minutes ago, Slides said:

You enjoy the flight most of the time, on this forum ?!

That's awesome.

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

6 hours ago, lownslow said:

I was a little concerned Asobo's magical performance fix would be simply to cut the graphics quality down.  I'm shocked that they actually went that route though.

" You must be either blind or your display is broken.

Everything looks exactly ( or even better ) than SU5. The performance is incredible, before you take off, you just need to prepare for landing.

The scenery / clouds / roads, etc, looks way better than in reality. Come on, stop complaining, get in the cockpit, enjoy your flight "

lownslow, Asobo doesen't give a s&#&@t

about us, it's everything about $$$$

Xbox users are the majority

Edited by Sphynnx

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

13 minutes ago, Sphynnx said:

You enjoy the flight most of the time, on this forum ?!

That's awesome.

I literally have MSFS running the background right now.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

8 minutes ago, Sphynnx said:

Xbox users are the majority

Go into a sim where you don't have to share the same skies as Xbox users. You know which sims I'm talking about.

• Like 1

yes quite blurry in VR and the FMC is now hard to see, blurry from mid range to further afield.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

11 hours ago, Slides said:

Post a screenshot from SU4 that you think looks worse in SU5 and I will try to recreate it and post it.

Can you do that, I don't have SU4 anymore for some reason. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Ive noticed a huge amount of scenery popping around the UK coastline, where there are cliffs. The green texture now spills down the side of the cliff which looks really odd from a distance and then the textures seem to pop as you approach, which is  most unnatural.

This is disappointing as it looked so good up to SU4 and I was showing non-simmers just how good it looked. They will laugh if I show them now - it just looks like a poor video game rather than a sim. If I had wanted an Xbox with xbox quality games I would have gone and bought one!!!

• Like 1

Yes I can confirm blurry textures at LOD and RS 200 around Orbx LOWI.

Oddly poorly detailed clouds at ULTRA setting...

FPS around LOWI down to 17fps (cf 30fps in SU4)

No apparent difference to tree LOD.

Plus just to make it even better, my POV in cockpit constantly drifts up and to the left now.

offensive initials not allowed have they broken  :-((??? 

0% happy. 

Unless someone can find a solution it is now unflyable. thank you.

Thinking of P3D for the first time since last year.

Plus - I can no longer see any procedures visible in the flight planner for low and high level IFR flight plans - might be because I haven't yet installed Navigraph. But I thought MSFS had extensive inbuilt procedures anyway..?

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Can you do that, I don't have SU4 anymore for some reason. 

Tough luck. Maybe next time you'll have proof.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 3:17 PM, steve310002 said:

Below is a quick video I made captured in 4K (render setting 80, TAA) over Las Vegas using FlyTampa's scenery.

As you can see I am getting aliasing lines and shimmering where I had none before and the scenery in the distance at the autogen limit is extremely blurry unlike the crisp textures I previously had using the older version(S) of MSFS.

Towards the end of the video when I look down the textures become muddy. Again this did not happen in SU 4. 

Not sure what is causing the aliasing/shimmering or blurring of textures but along with the overblown lighting, the visuals look much worse than they did before.

so your rapidly shifting the camera position to get the effect you can whinge about?

• Upvote 1