Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Stuck loading

12 minutes ago, DanBirasi said:

Just rename the community folder and create a new, empty one. Start the game. Next start you can reverse that, usually you don't have anymore problems.

But wouldn't I lose all of my scenery, etc?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

20 minutes ago, cobalt said:

I was finally able to complete the update by going into Packages/Official/OneStore and deleting the last file folder (an idea suggested by someone earlier in this forum). We should not have to go through all this stuff just to get an update, but I have to say, the performance improvement is incredible.

So delete the /onestore folder entirely?  That won't screw anything up?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

No -- just the last (top) file folder from the update! (This assumes that the files are listed in order of loading, so the Update files will be the most recent.)  When I then re-started MSFS it re-loaded the remaining files and completed the Update.

Edited by cobalt

Just now, cobalt said:

No -- just the last (top) file folder from the update! (This assumes that the files are listed in order of loading, so the Update files will be the most recent.)  When I then re-started MSFS it re-loaded the remaining files and completed the Update.

i'd say 90% of files in the Onestore folder are dated yesterday.  If I put the most recent on top the folder is asobo-aircraft-b787-10.  Delete that one?

12 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

But wouldn't I lose all of my scenery, etc?

No, you still have it in that renamed folder. So e.g. you rename your community to folder to "xcommunity", starting MSFS you will have a new empty "community" folder and your old "xcommunity" folder. So now you can re-rename or rather just move single addons over, if you fear incompatibily.

17 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

i'd say 90% of files in the Onestore folder are dated yesterday.  If I put the most recent on top the folder is asobo-aircraft-b787-10.  Delete that one?

Yes, and you can also try deleting more than one folder. I have to say, when I first tried this it did not work. I then deleted ALL the files from the Update (identified by the fact that they were all within the last two days), and re-loaded the entire Update. This went well until it got to 99+ % complete, at which point the last file hung (as I reported earlier). I then exited the sim, removed the last (top) folder in OneStore, and re-started. This time it worked. Whether this works for anybody else remains to be seen -- I certainly hope it does. Incidentally I told ZenDesk about  this, no reply yet.

1 minute ago, cobalt said:

Yes, and you can also try deleting more than one folder. I have to say, when I first tried this it did not work. I then deleted ALL the files from the Update (identified by the fact that they were all within the last two days), and re-loaded the entire Update. This went well until it got to 99+ % complete, at which point the last file hung (as I reported earlier). I then exited the sim, removed the last (top) folder in OneStore, and re-started. This time it worked. Whether this works for anybody else remains to be seen -- I certainly hope it does. Incidentally I told ZenDesk about  this, no reply yet.

To be clear, I was able to completely update to SU5, my issue is when going in to load a flight.  It gets hung on the screen right before you get into the plane

Hmmm. Different problem from the one I described. Sounds like an issue for ZenDesk.

Might be related, biut I can't load at any airports, the sim just freezes 3/4 into the loading bar.

I haven't touched the sim since yesterday, and I flew several times yesterday.

it's also happening with no addons installed what the hell

Edited by Tuskin38

On 7/29/2021 at 11:58 AM, Tuskin38 said:

Might be related, biut I can't load at any airports, the sim just freezes 3/4 into the loading bar.

I haven't touched the sim since yesterday, and I flew several times yesterday.

it's also happening with no addons installed what the hell

I have same problem. I did a re-install and have the same issue. The install is vanilla with no addons or anything in the Community folder. Please provide any solutions you tried. Thanks.,