Sign in to follow this  
lupedelupe

Something is broken. Yet again.

Updated last week, had a few great flights. Started up today and ...

AnwzhBw.png

Microsoft Store says needs Repair. Click that and the only option is Reinstall. Click that and it seems it doesn't connect to anything but thin air (so nothing happens). Restarted; same. Yes, I do have an active and healthy internet connection.

BTW the storage device is available, but it looks like the ENTIRE MSFS folder is ... just ... gone. 

🙈🙉🙊

How on earth does this happen? Had a flight yesterday, today the whole installation appears to be Missing. I will take me the better part of a week to reinstall, plus who know how long to install all the updates etc and create finely tuned settings. 

Hope I am missing something obvious. 😡

Have you checked the drive it was on with something like Crystal Disk Info made sure nothing strange?

• Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Some kind of corruption of the drive, perhaps? Or virus infections?

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

No virus: ran a scan: clean (have active firewall and active virus scanning). Crystal Disk gives my drives the a thumbs up. Appreciate the advice though @anden145 and @Alpine Scenery

Trouble is: the Microsoft.Flightsimulator folder has vanished into thin air. 

2 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

Trouble is: the Microsoft.Flightsimulator folder has vanished into thin air. 

Go into the Microsoft Store and click on reinstall. 

This has happened to me a few times, the reinstall isn't a full reinstall, it just takes a second to complete and fixes what ever issue you're having. 

• Like 1

Are you on Windows 11 by any chance?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

17 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

Go into the Microsoft Store and click on reinstall. 

This has happened to me a few times, the reinstall isn't a full reinstall, it just takes a second to complete and fixes what ever issue you're having. 

Tried that ... just sits on Pending. No progress at all. 

Just now, lupedelupe said:

Tried that ... just sits on Pending. No progress at all. 

Maybe try running the uninstaller by right clicking on the menu item itself, if the menu item even exists.

• Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Always install into a custom folder, just in case you have issues you can uninstall but it will only remove the launcher. You then reinstall which should install the launcher first and when you get in game point the installer to your custom folder and it should fix everything without installing the entire game again 

• Like 2

24 hours later I now, at least, have it starting the 124 GB download. To add salt to my wounds its running at around 30% of capacity (which is already slow).