Sign in to follow this  
cantremember

Joystick not working during mouse look

Hello,

Since the new update, the behavior seem to have changed a bit. When I use the mouse to look around in the cockpit, the game stops responding to joystick inputs, until I release the right mousebutton again.  Anybody else have the same thing?

36 minutes ago, cantremember said:

Hello,

Since the new update, the behavior seem to have changed a bit. When I use the mouse to look around in the cockpit, the game stops responding to joystick inputs, until I release the right mousebutton again.  Anybody else have the same thing?

It’s a known bug unfortunately.  Ways folks have gotten around it is configuring hat switch (if you have it) on joystick or assigning middle mouse button (called mid-click in MSFS) to Freelook.  Freelook hold seems to be the issue with no other workarounds other than what I just pointed out.  

• Like 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

There is a new option called "AI piloting in cursor mode" in the assistant menu, but it happens regardless if it's on or not. But I think that option is new who knows that's what introduced the bug.

1 hour ago, DylanC said:

It’s a known bug unfortunately.  Ways folks have gotten around it is configuring hat switch (if you have it) on joystick or assigning middle mouse button (called mid-click in MSFS) to Freelook.  Freelook hold seems to be the issue with no other workarounds other than what I just pointed out.  

This Freelock issue caused me all sorts of problems.  I did find a workaround that I just posted on here:

As you'll note I eventually resolved my freelock issue with the mouse.  Let me know if you need the exact procedures.

Randall Rocke

This may be unpleasant for some to read.  Hide your children.

The masterpiece flight simulator of ALL flight sims CONTINUES to be plagued with bugs that annoy customers and turn people off.  THIS is the "best there is"?  C'mon, MAN.

But, then again, it's targeted at gamers, the xbox guys, correct?  MSFS admits that it's targeted at people with no knowledge of what makes airplanes fly - it's a "game", and that's soooo cool, right?  So be it.  Good enough for the eye-candy crowd, it seems.

But I'm not a gamer, and I demand some realism.  To enjoy a flight simulation, I want a cockpit I can configure as I did when I owned real airplanes, and I owned two of them. 

Photogrammetry's great, but unless a simulation actually SIMULATES flying an airplane, the rest is pointless.  And I fully understand no one cares what I think, but I'm still permitted to state my personal opinion, last I checked, and that is that in its current state, MSFS is a PIG - an annoying, difficult to use, unrealistic PIG.

Edited by elcaro

10 hours ago, elcaro said:

This may be unpleasant for some to read.  Hide your children.

The masterpiece flight simulator of ALL flight sims CONTINUES to be plagued with bugs that annoy customers and turn people off.  THIS is the "best there is"?  C'mon, MAN.

But, then again, it's targeted at gamers, the xbox guys, correct?  MSFS admits that it's targeted at people with no knowledge of what makes airplanes fly - it's a "game", and that's soooo cool, right?  So be it.  Good enough for the eye-candy crowd, it seems.

But I'm not a gamer, and I demand some realism.  To enjoy a flight simulation, I want a cockpit I can configure as I did when I owned real airplanes, and I owned two of them. 

Photogrammetry's great, but unless a simulation actually SIMULATES flying an airplane, the rest is pointless.  And I fully understand no one cares what I think, but I'm still permitted to state my personal opinion, last I checked, and that is that in its current state, MSFS is a PIG - an annoying, difficult to use, unrealistic PIG.

Come on Elcaro!  Your posts are coming across as TROLLING now (I thought I would use some capitals for emphasis, like you did :laugh:). 
In other words, your posts seem purposely designed to just upset people who are actually enjoying the sim, just because it doesn't meet your expectations.  Are you bitter?

The posts also seem a bit misinformed, as they do not seem to relate to the general experience of the sim, so your posts run the risk of not being taken seriously.

While I am annoyed at some of the little bugs creeping in, it hasn't spoilt my enjoyment of the sim for me.  The bugs are tolerable, and will be ironed out. 
The vast majority of people are also enjoying the sim - you only have to look at the amount of YouTube content being produced.

You also need to realise one thing...  You DEMAND some realism?  Do you realise how arrogant and entitled that sounds? 

You are correct in one assumption - Asobo don't make this sim just for you, it is made for a vast spectrum of people and introduces new people to the world of flight sim (important for all of us) through the Xbox.
Meanwhile I can get an excellent VFR experience out of planes such as the Just Flight Arrow on the PC - Certainly good enough to want to go back time and time again and spend way to many hours on it.

So if all of this, AND the eye candy isn't for you, and it upsets you so much, just move on!  Come back sometime in the future when maybe your DEMANDS will be met! :smile:  

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.