Sign in to follow this  
aidanlegras

P3D 5.2 Fly next to own recording?

I am struggling to find a way that I may record my own flight in something like to LM fictional TTA military trainer and then replay that recording while I fly alongside the recording another spawn of the same aircraft type. I am looking to use this for some formation practice in VR but many internet searches and queries have left me unsure.

I am aware of some of the flight recording add-ons out there in this and other platforms but their visual performance while flying alongside seems to have some questions yet to be answered. 

6 hours ago, aidanlegras said:

I am struggling to find a way that I may record my own flight in something like to LM fictional TTA military trainer and then replay that recording while I fly alongside the recording another spawn of the same aircraft type. I am looking to use this for some formation practice in VR but many internet searches and queries have left me unsure.

I am aware of some of the flight recording add-ons out there in this and other platforms but their visual performance while flying alongside seems to have some questions yet to be answered. 

Have a look at Ideal Flight by @SteveW

">augmented and Professional versions include Ai Buddy. We can study Ai Buddy to see the way the ATC is utilised and follow around airports and to our destination. Ai Buddy keeps us company on long flights with various personality modes where he will sit out in front pressing on with the route or follow us or buzz us occasionally with a close fly past."

https://www.codelegend.com/idealflight/default.htm

• Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks for the response,

I am doing this with a view to practicing formation for DCS without trying to constantly look for partners (that know what they're doing and don't constantly fly in the kill box) to fly with so the first option is out thanks @Rob_Ainscough and I have today been looking at this option albeit discussed on the P3D forums back in 2014:

http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93170

It would seem that there is a way to do the using simdirector. If I can do it this way internally, rather than going to a third party app that would be preferable as I am trying to do some more formation in VR and using addon software of doubtful compatibility while in VR is perhaps problematic. 

I'll see if I can do it with simdirector first and then look elsewhere should that fail thanks, @eldar2112 and @kevinfirth I'll report back if I have some success.