Sign in to follow this  
tripper721

Update stuck at 98%

My update seems to be stuck at 98%, around the decompress-fs-base file section. I stopped the download and restarted but, it only had 50 mbs left to download and was stuck as well. I had it sit for over an hour and there wasn't any progress. Any suggestions of how to try to reinstall the update? It's the first issue I've had with any updates and I don't have any mods installed. 

• Upvote 1

Had this exact issue. After attempting to re-launch MSFS it then showed 60GB required to update! Starting that now... pretty ridiculous

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Guys simply pause the update and restart. If that fails, exit and restart the download from the beginning. It will recognize what you have already downloaded and start again at the point you left.

I hope that helps

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Check this thread: 

Delete the files in the official folder (not the folders). It fixed it for me. Just exiting and restarting as himmelhorse says didn't work.

Edited by Alvega
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

Guys simply pause the update and restart. If that fails, exit and restart the download from the beginning. It will recognize what you have already downloaded and start again at the point you left.

I hope that helps

Tony

Sorry this doesn't work at all

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

Check this thread: 

Delete the files in the official folder (not the folders). It fixed it for me. Just exiting and restarting as himmelhorse says didn't work.

which files exactly? This is a store edition not steam if that helps...

1 hour ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Sorry this doesn't work at all

Strange.

It worked for me, particularly with update 3 where I had numerous lock-ups and this situation was fairly prevalent at the time I believe.

It happened again with my current download which locked up at 12%. Pausing and resuming did not work this time but getting out and starting again resumed at 12%.

I am not co0ntradicting you either. It appears (as usual) everyone has different or a multitude of strange reactions.

Cheers

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

5 hours ago, tripper721 said:

My update seems to be stuck at 98%, around the decompress-fs-base file section. I stopped the download and restarted but, it only had 50 mbs left to download and was stuck as well. I had it sit for over an hour and there wasn't any progress. Any suggestions of how to try to reinstall the update? It's the first issue I've had with any updates and I don't have any mods installed. 

Yes, this happened to me at exactly the same point with only a few MB left to finish.  I stopped the download and quit it, and then restarted it a couple of times without success.  The decompression seemed to be causing the issue, and it would loop endlessly from that point.  After an hour of watching the loop, I quit again and then opened Steam, and tried loading the sim from there.  Once again, the download stopped and repeated from the exact same point with only a few MB left.  However, after a third attempt of launching from Steam it did begin to load (over 15GB this time) and it finally completed.  I've no idea why this happened; I've nothing in the Community folder, and I've never had any issues with downloading previous updates.  

OP from linked thread here. What did it for me was deleting all the folders with a date modified of (the day you are updating) in my case 9/7. It was like 30-60 folders can’t remember. Relaunched the game, it downloaded 30GB +/- and that fixed it. Happily playing now. 

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Game installed on 980 PRO

Main display Gigabyte M27Q X 27" 1440p 240Hz

10 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

which files exactly? This is a store edition not steam if that helps...

I just deleted the files that were outside folders in the official folder, they all had the date of the update. Didn't delete any folder or anything inside folders. It worked for me.

Edited by Alvega
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

15 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I just deleted the files that were outside folders in the official folder, they all had the date of the update. Didn't delete any folder or anything inside folders. It worked for me.

wow well done. Just downloaded the 60GB overnight. Looked hung at the end, but after waiting a while it completed finally. Now content manager shows another 10GB to download and install... what a nightmare

• Like 1

I've been stuck at this point too (decompress.. restart). I just restarted (for the fourth time) and my download jumped to 15.61 GiB. Is this good or bad?

I looked in the Offical folder and all it contains is the OneStore folder. In One-story, there are a ton of folders but only two ***.part files. Those the ones to try deleting if this I continue to be stuck?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)