Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

ProATC/X AI hold position

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks but the Voice-only option is not for me.

I can only tell you it works really well, you don’t have to repeat yourself ten times like other software

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ll consider it but to be honest I think I’ve become institutionalised to RC having used it for over 15 years.

I’m curious about this statement... “Vox Atc generates its own traffic from AIG Bgl files...”.

VoxATC doesn’t generate the traffic surely? The existence of the BGLs and the AIG addon does all the necessary work. Does VoxATC do any manipulation of that?

To begin, I have RC, PF3, P2A and VoxAtc.

I mainly use 3 : RC, PF3 and VoxAtc depending on the mood. I like all three of them...

Since we're talking about Vox, to answer your question I can't think of anything better than quoting a post by Vadriver in the VoxAtc forum.

"VoxATC has no traffic data of its own. It reads your AIG plans (during indexing) to compile data for traffic spawning essentially of the same schedule / liveries included in those AIG (*.bgl) plans.

Vox's unique traffic engine then controls & communicates with that traffic alongside one's own aircraft.

Vox cannot communicate with or control traffic spawned by the sim's traffic engine (which one sets at zero for Vox traffic)."

Now for Vox, several features that others do not have.

-Automatic assignment of Sid or Star in real time during the flight without you having to worry about it while creating a flight plan.

-Also the taking into account of the altitude in mountainous regions always in real time. The Atc will no longer send you into the "wall" 😉

-It knows all the characteristics of the aircraft you are flying. Vox once installed, indexes all your aircraft, scenery and so on.

In fact you create a simple flight plan, once in the sim you just launch Vox and that's it. All you have to do is fly. In fact I find it a little gem of programming and ultra light in memory unlike for example P2Atc.

That said, to summarize what I said at the beginning, I currently use PF3 which has evolved enormously in recent times.

Richard.

• Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

11 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Now for Vox, several features that others do not have.

-Automatic assignment of Sid or Star in real time during the flight without you having to worry about it while creating a flight plan.

As does Pilot2ATC and, I seem to remember, so does ProATC/X. But not RC or PF3.

11 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

In fact you create a simple flight plan, once in the sim you just launch Vox and that's it. All you have to do is fly. In fact I find it a little gem of programming and ultra light in memory unlike for example P2Atc.

I run P2A on a separate PC, and have its conversation log scrolling on a small screen inside my cockpit. I couldn't find any way to do either successfully with VoxATC.

Agreed that P2A's lack of vocal interaction with AI traffic is a detraction. It is on the developer's list. P2A does have the benefit of continued development and a very responsive author.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

10 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

I can only tell you it works really well, you don’t have to repeat yourself ten times like other software

I don't doubt it does. It's a subjective thing. I'm not a lover of speaking to a computer. I prefer the button presses of RC4.

@DrumsArt, I'm sure it's an excellent program. See my reply to rob0203.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

As does Pilot2ATC and, I seem to remember, so does ProATC/X. But not RC or PF3.

I run P2A on a separate PC, and have its conversation log scrolling on a small screen inside my cockpit. I couldn't find any way to do either successfully with VoxATC.

Agreed that P2A's lack of vocal interaction with AI traffic is a detraction. It is on the developer's list. P2A does have the benefit of continued development and a very responsive author.

Pete

I also have P2A, I tried it again a few weeks ago. I was cleared for takeoff on a runway but then there was traffic landing at the same time in the opposite direction on the same runway. 🧐🧐😂🤣

12 hours ago, rob0203 said:

I also have P2A, I tried it again a few weeks ago. I was cleared for takeoff on a runway but then there was traffic landing at the same time in the opposite direction on the same runway.

I got that a lot with RC too, and ProATC/X for that matter. The problem is that they freeze taxiing traffic to stop it encroaching on the runway when you are landing or cleared for takeoff, but aren't easily able to deal with traffic seemingly landing on a "different" runway. I think that's why the use of one or more of the other little utilities for controlling AI is a good idea.

Another way to avoid "wrong end" landings and takeoffs is to ensure the ground wind speed is always above a certain minimum (something like 7 knots I think), enforcing the AI to use the "correct" runways. Not foolproof but it helps. I think AS has such an option.

I do understand that VOXATC is better in dealing with AI traffic, and not only conversing with them. After all, having injected the traffic it does have full control over them. It is just a shame its implementation does not suit my enclosed cockpit with the outside world on a big curved screen.

Pete

Pete

10 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I got that a lot with RC too, and ProATC/X for that matter. The problem is that they freeze taxiing traffic to stop it encroaching on the runway when you are landing or cleared for takeoff, but aren't easily able to deal with traffic seemingly landing on a "different" runway. I think that's why the use of one or more of the other little utilities for controlling AI is a good idea.

Another way to avoid "wrong end" landings and takeoffs is to ensure the ground wind speed is always above a certain minimum (something like 7 knots I think), enforcing the AI to use the "correct" runways. Not foolproof but it helps. I think AS has such an option.

I do understand that VOXATC is better in dealing with AI traffic, and not only conversing with them. After all, having injected the traffic it does have full control over them. It is just a shame its implementation does not suit my enclosed cockpit with the outside world on a big curved screen.

Pete

Pete

I have Vox Atc running over a network on a different computer 😉

9 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

I have Vox Atc running over a network on a different computer 😉

With no interference (eg via gauges) on the P3D screen?

Does it produce a conversation log which I could then display on another PC screen inside the cockpit?

I did some research on this with VOXATC and couldn't find a solution I was really happy with. Maybe some things have changed since then.

Pete

Further on my last: A quick look on the VOXATC Forum seems to indicate that there is still a "panel setup" to run, installing one or two gauges. With ProSim implementing all of my 738 systems externally, there is no 'panel'.  What would VOXATC do about that?

Pete

1 minute ago, Pete Dowson said:

With no interference (eg via gauges) on the P3D screen?

Does it produce a conversation log which I could then display on another PC screen inside the cockpit?

I did some research on this with VOXATC and couldn't find a solution I was really happy with. Maybe some things have changed since then.

Pete

I start Voxatc Remote panel on remote PC

I start Voxatc Proxy on Flightsim PC

Then I open the main VoxATC window on the flightsim PC and press enable and close it again!

Now Voxatc Remote panel is working and showing everything on my remote PC

1 minute ago, Pete Dowson said:

Further on my last: A quick look on the VOXATC Forum seems to indicate that there is still a "panel setup" to run, installing one or two gauges. With ProSim implementing all of my 738 systems externally, there is no 'panel'.  What would VOXATC do about that?

Pete

Oeeffff I don't know that, but you van add the Voxatc entries to a panel.cfg file but not if it is not there of course

1 minute ago, rob0203 said:

Then I open the main VoxATC window on the flightsim PC and press enable and close it again!

Is that a Window in a P3D addons option, or on the main Windows screen? Can't it be set to be enabled automatically? 

3 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Now Voxatc Remote panel is working and showing everything on my remote PC

How much of that do you need to refer to whilst flying? Is there a way of sending conversation details to another PC?

Pete

3 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

you van add the Voxatc entries to a panel.cfg file but not if it is not there of course

So are those gauges invisible? I don't understand what they are for.

Pete

3 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

So are those gauges invisible? I don't understand what they are for.

Pete

VoxAtc runs from you flightsim as gauge in your panel, thats why.

To start it you press in Prepar3d menu - Instruments - Voxatc

Edited by rob0203

11 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

VoxAtc runs from you flightsim as gauge in your panel, thats why.

Oh, so the code is in a gauge just so it gets installed within P3D? I wonder what the author didn't have it loading as a DLL, which would seem more sensible and convenient than altering all the Panel CFGs.

12 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

To start it you press in Prepar3d menu - Instruments - Voxatc

I would need a shortcut keypress for that -- no way can i manipulate P3D menus on my curved screen, and especially not from within the cockpit. If it is loaded with the aircraft I wonder why it cannot be "started" by the part running on the networked PC? Strange.

Pete