Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

ProATC/X AI hold position

1 minute ago, Pete Dowson said:

Oh, so the code is in a gauge just so it gets installed within P3D? I wonder what the author didn't have it loading as a DLL, which would seem more sensible and convenient than altering all the Panel CFGs.

I would need a shortcut keypress for that -- no way can i manipulate P3D menus on my curved screen, and especially not from within the cockpit. If it is loaded with the aircraft I wonder why it cannot be "started" by the part running on the networked PC? Strange.

Pete

Yes, I don't know also it sounds indeed complicated with your setup

25 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

it sounds indeed complicated with your setup

Yes. I think that is why I abandoned my attempts when I tried it on its free trial period.

I think also another problem I had with it was its sound input/output was on the Sim PC, not the networked one. Is that still the case? My headsets and, indeed, all my SAPI Voices, are on my Networked PC and I'm not about to try altering that. The Sim PC is busy with aircraft related sounds through multiple speakers. On my P2A PC I can switch the ATC voice between the headsets and the overhead using a switch on the overhead which tells P2A to change the sound device in use.

I might have another look at VoxATC but it is sounding still rather unsuitable. I'm quite pleased with P2A and it will have 'adequate' AI interaction one day. just not full control as it isn't injecting them itself. I'm surprised VoxATC finds enough time to do all that and still provide good user interaction.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Oh, so the code is in a gauge just so it gets installed within P3D? I wonder what the author didn't have it loading as a DLL, which would seem more sensible and convenient than altering all the Panel CFGs.

I would need a shortcut keypress for that -- no way can i manipulate P3D menus on my curved screen, and especially not from within the cockpit. If it is loaded with the aircraft I wonder why it cannot be "started" by the part running on the networked PC? Strange.

Pete

You need do that just the first time to initiate the flight. Once the flight is initialized, the "O" (letter) key opens or closes the dialog/options window, the "J" key opens/closes the recent communications window.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

I'm surprised VoxATC finds enough time to do all that and still provide good user interaction.

Pete

It does it...and well 👍.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

14 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Once the flight is initialized, the "O" (letter) key opens or closes the dialog/options window, the "J" key opens/closes the recent communications window.

If running VoxATC on a networked PC, is that where the keystrokes go and these 'windows' appear? Otherwise that's not much use to me.

And is there some place where the "recent conversations" and current ones appear in file form so I can read it and display on a screen in my cockpit?

I've read the whole of the VoxATC User manual and there is nothing there about the things I need to know.

Pete

9 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

If running VoxATC on a networked PC, is that where the keystrokes go and these 'windows' appear? Otherwise that's not much use to me.

And is there some place where the "recent conversations" and current ones appear in file form so I can read it and display on a screen in my cockpit?

I've read the whole of the VoxATC User manual and there is nothing there about the things I need to know.

Pete

-I don't know, I don't use Vox in networked...Did you ask the question on the Vox forum? I know there are some people there who are better able to answer your questions considering the specifics of your installation.

Richard.

Richard Portier

9 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

-I don't know, I don't use Vox in networked

rob0203 does though. I was exchanging notes with him before your good self. 😉

Pete