Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Rate your add-ons

>Hi,>>Based off of what is available for FSX today:>>1. FSGenesis North America Terrain/US Landclass>2. Beaver X>3. FSD Navajo and Seneca V>4. Eaglesoft Cirrus and Liberty>5. Wilco Legacy>>What I am waiting for:>1. Aeroworx Super King Air B200>2. PMDG planes for FSX>3. Flight1 Beech A36>4. Reality XP Gauges for FSX>>>I have to admit I've changed the way I fly in FSX, I actually>enjoy all the "eye candy" so I now tend to fly GA planes at>low altitudes whereas in FS2004 I flow more commercial>airliners.>>~ Jim>For your information, the Aeroworx King Air does work in FSX and so too does the FS9 Beaver.

Dave Taylor gb.png

My preferred addons as of today are:-Cloud9 Landclass-Beaver X-FSDiscover-FS BuildWaiting for FS Navigator

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest cit1991

Of my addons so far, the ones that are good enough to be listed are:1. Wilco/FeelThere 777. It has an FMC-"lite", but other than that is good.2. FS Genesis Terrain mesh. Looks beautiful, and no framerate hit.3. Turbine Sound Studios GE90 and CFM56. I have alot of "butt-time" in 777's with real GE90's and that soundpack is as close to the real thing as I've ever heard. Looking for more good stuff from these new guys.Dishonorable Mention:Fly the Heavies. Save your moneyEagerly Avaiting:PSS 777PSS ConcordeLevel-D 767

Guest SteveJ

I have only purchased two addons for FSX thus far, but they have been well worth the price....they have made FSX even better!1) Realair SF260 for FSX2) FS Genesis terrain mesh and landclass. The landclass made a huge visual improvement in the areas I fly in the U.S.Steve J.KHEFBasic System Specs: Dell XPS 600 Gen5 P4 650 3.4GHz (800FSB) w/HT 2MB Cache, 1 GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM @ 667MHz, Dual 256MB PCI Expressx16 GeForce 6800 in SLI w/.9147 drivers 1280x1024/32/85Hz, 250GB Serial ATA HD (7200rpm) 72% free, SB Audigy 2 ZS, Windows XP Media Ed SP2, DirectX 9.0c, Viewsonic A95f 19in (Dell 19in second monitor for gps/various panels), CHProducts Yoke and Pedals, Ultimate Defrag, PC Pitstop Optimize.

Guest bjablonka

When are some of the good ones (PMDG, PSS, Aeroworx etc) coming out? Any estimates?

Same here, purchased the RealAir SIAI-Marchetti SF260 for FSX today. My first add-on for FSX and waiting for FSNavigator.Regards

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

For me, so far the good:* MyTrafficX* FS Genesis Mesh (haven't tried the landclass yet* Cloud9 XClass (full world)* Wilco 777* Wings of Power 2 - WWII FightersNot so good:* CoPilot 3.5 - It's not HORRIBLE, but it's not FSNavigator either...* FlightDeck 4 - Ok, this one pretty much sucks, most of the planes have serious texture issues and the gauges corrupt on me constantly..Planning to pick up:Active Sky 6.5Waiting anxiously for:FSNavigator 8RealityXP Gauges

I don't know if I can only keep to 4. As already obviously stated my tops would be the SIAI Marchetti, Fsgenesis landclass/mesh, Eaglesoft Cirrus.However three that I think are great that you don't see mentioned often are Fsdiscover, Easy gps v4, and the friendly panel gauges.With Fsdiscover I can explore unfamiliar parts of the world and actually know what I am looking at-both geographically and site wise.Makes me much more prone to explore the vast Fs world-it is like having a tour guide on board your flight.Easy gps is a very elegant implementation of a portable gps device many of us carry around in the plane-the screens are incredibly clear and nicer to look at than the fsx gps-it has traffic capabilities, and mimics the typical tablet pc/hi res portable gps many of us carry around in aircraft as a backup.The Friendly panel gauges add a lot of real world avionics that are missing from Fs. I can finally have a nearly 100% functional kln94 like I have in my plane-something I have been wishing for years for.Edit: I forgot to mention for some free fun try this add on out-worth it for the maps alone!http://www.imagealtered.com/fs/http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest bjablonka

Geofa, the friendly panels are not out for any jets yet for FSX, just for the Cessna? Also, do you have a website of where you bought the Easy GPS?ThanksBernd

Guest bjablonka

Thank you so much! Ez gps looks great, I am going to try it.

No particular order!FS9--- Raimondo Taburet's meshgigs of custom sceneryUltimate TrafficHovercontrol free helicoptorsSix Eaglesoft aircraftDreamfleet Baron 58 LiteReality-XP navigationFlight1 421C Golden Eagle Flight1 441 Conquest II Flight1 Pilatus PC-12 All Carenado aircraftFSD Piper Navajo PSS ConcordePSS A320PMDG 737FSX---FSGenesis mesh and landclassLiberty Aerospace XL2

Guest Seria17hri11er

>Cloud9 XClass - all of the continents. Without it, FSX isn't>even worth looking at.>>That's the only addon I have rightnow.>>>So far Xclass looks the most promising of the available landclasses for FSX. However, I checked the site, and it appears that there is no landclass for Alaska. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest RGH

Hi allFor me Just Flights VFRUK 2000,s Glasgow & Stanstedand as I could not wait for FS Navigator I bought F S Commander,In my opinion far better that f s navigator for FS9.The moving map I run on a second monitor is terrific.(Well I think it is):-roll RegardsRex