Sign in to follow this  
simaddict

Is there a way to zoom externa view out a little more?

Can you modify the default zoom, modify it through some config??

Thanks,

Mike 

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

There are several good videos on YouTube on how to deal with the MSFS camera system.

I've found this one to be probably one of the best:

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 hours ago, simaddict said:

Can you modify the default zoom, modify it through some config??

Thanks,

Mike 

Change the default zoom in options/camera.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I wish the external one wasn't moving at all because of inertia and was also fixed on a bearing (so if the plane turns, the camera still points in one direction).

I haven't been able to do that, or haven't found it yet. Am i right?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

17 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

I wish the external one wasn't moving at all because of inertia and was also fixed on a bearing (so if the plane turns, the camera still points in one direction).

I haven't been able to do that, or haven't found it yet. Am i right?

If you press the '0' key on the numberboard, followed by the 'C' key on the keyboard, you can turn the aircraft while the (external) directional view stays the same.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Stealthystevie said:

If you press the '0' key on the numberboard, followed by the 'C' key on the keyboard, you can turn the aircraft while the (external) directional view stays the same.

True true, but then i cannot change quickly the bearing the camera is looking at. Oh well 😄 I got used to that view since FS2000 or so

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

On 10/10/2021 at 9:23 AM, MrBitstFlyer said:

Change the default zoom in options/camera.

Which entry extends the zoom out further and what is the max distance? I tried before and it did not seem to do anything.

Edited by Pugilist2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I guess I should rephrase my original post...what I meant to ask, is there a way to increase the maximum external view by 10 or 20%?? I know how to zoom out, I just wish you could get it to go a little further out, maybe through some config. setting?

Thanks for the responses!!

Mike 

AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

2 hours ago, simaddict said:

I guess I should rephrase my original post...what I meant to ask, is there a way to increase the maximum external view by 10 or 20%?? I know how to zoom out, I just wish you could get it to go a little further out, maybe through some config. setting?

Thanks for the responses!!

Mike 

maddeningly, nope. MSFS does not allow you to move the external camera in or out at all and there are currently no mods or configs that can change this. It seems to have been hard coded with no thought on allowing the user to adjust it. Just one more quirky design choice of the MSFS camera system that has existed in previous flight sims for decades. Hopefully the devs will hear this enough to one day allow us more flexibility.  

That's exactly what I was wondering! 

Thank You very much!!

Mike

AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB