Sign in to follow this  
adaniel

G1000 flight planning

I am trying to find an aircraft with G 1000 cockpit and able to do flight planning within G 1000. I have Carrenado  C182T but I am not able to put in waypoints by writing in the names. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if this is missing in this aircraft's G 1000. Are there any aircrafts, which works in v5.2, having a G 1000 that works more like the real one?
Tor Arild Danielsen

The Carrenado's G1000 is basically a mock up.. don't expect it do much...

I would recommend rXP's GTX750 if you want some more serious(but also very fun) GPS based GA IFR

I have used Flight1 GTN 750  some years, but it is not updated anymore. I have acsess to a Virtual fly G 1000 cockpit using FS2020,, but I am still on P3D, so I hoped it was a G1000 plane for P3D I could use to learn more about G1000  in my own sim, before I start to fly the VF G 1000 at my flying club.

Both the Flight1 Beech Kingair 200 and Cessna Citation Mustang come with the G1000. I don't know exactly how they compare to the real life counterpart but I know I can build flight plans entering waypoints with them.

Good luck. I hope you find something that works for you!

Thanks for listening,

Kail

38 minutes ago, adaniel said:

I have used Flight1 GTN 750  some years, but it is not updated anymore. I have acsess to a Virtual fly G 1000 cockpit using FS2020,, but I am still on P3D, so I hoped it was a G1000 plane for P3D I could use to learn more about G1000  in my own sim, before I start to fly the VF G 1000 at my flying club.

What are your system specs?  At this time I recommend you license one of the tiers of MSFS (Standard, Deluxe, Premium) and learn with the Working Title team's G1000 NXi that is available.  It is now moderately well implemented, and development is continuing.  You did not indicate the aircraft type or model you will be flying at your flying club.  I'd recommend you look at what models are available in the three respective MSFS levels. Honestly the Premium level will give you all of them and the price difference between the MSFS Standard and MSFS Premium levels is very likely less than the cost of an hour of flying at the club.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Ther are more reasons why I have not started to use FS2020 at home, but one is my 6 years old computer, which is not good for FS2020.I have been one of two who has buildt the cockpit  in the flying club, so I know FS 2020, Mostly I fly IFR with PMDG aircraft, and I will continue to do so, that is why I am not changing the sim, but  look for a good GA aircraft with G1000  I can use in P3D.

Not wishing to get into a P3D vs MSFS 2020 debate but IMHO any PC that can run P3D will run MSFS 2020 particularly post SU5.  Otherwise I would also suggest you consider the F1 Mustang or Beech Kingair  200 for their G1000 implementations in P3D.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I dont want a P3D FS2020 debate either. When we built the simulator in the flying club, I realized that my computer was far from up to date. I think  the best solution for me is to use the new simulator in the flying club for training. It is sad that we dont have a fully functional G1000 in P3Dv5. Let us hope we will get one in the future.

On 10/15/2021 at 10:13 AM, adaniel said:

I am trying to find an aircraft with G 1000 cockpit and able to do flight planning within G 1000. I have Carrenado  C182T but I am not able to put in waypoints by writing in the names. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if this is missing in this aircraft's G 1000. Are there any aircrafts, which works in v5.2, having a G 1000 that works more like the real one?
Tor Arild Danielsen

The Vertx DA62 has a G1000 panel and is probably as close as you're going to get to an accurate aircraft and extremely good G1000 unit.

The downside is the aircraft was designed for P3Dv4 and the owner, due to personal circumstances, cannot support the product. But there are people here who can help.

The upside is it can be installed in v5 with some Registry mods fooling the installer to think v4 is installed. https://vertxsim.com/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you Ray. I knew this model, but I believed it was only for v4 and not sold anymore. I will buy it.  Is there a link to the modifications that is needed in the registry?

Edited by adaniel

@adaniel, there’s a longish thread about it but this post covers the situation where you don’t have P3Dv4 installed.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/573310-vertx-da-62-in-p3d-v5/?do=findComment&comment=4287145

It’s a bit fiddly but if you’re comfortable editing the Registry and creating a dummy P3Dv4 folder the installer should be satisfied.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather