Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Stream Deck XL Thoughts

21 minutes ago, Digger28 said:

Hi, Donka (and others)

Another question, if I may.

I have used the save/load keys for various aircraft cameras, and have used numbers 0 to 9.....all ten of them. I am unable to add more, as Stream Deck will not accept double numbers....eg CTRL+ALT+11...or 12, 13 etc.

Is there any way to overcome this?

Thanks in advance

Digger

Streamdeck will accept double digits, the issue is there are only ten number keys available to bind to in the sim. If you wanted more you would need to use additional key combinations to make them unique e.g, CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+1.

I’m not near my pc just now but I thought there were only 10 available custom camera slots anyway although I could be wrong?

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Hi, Donka,

I still must be doing something/s wrong. Have tried several combinations of save/load, but none would let me designate a number higher than 9...once I try to show the save/load number in double-figure, StreamDeck would only acknowledge the first digit. I agree that there are only 10 number keys available to bind to in the Sim. But there are several other screens I'd like to use...drone views, for example. They are accessible using the keyboard, but to transfer those commands to the StreamDeck by using a unique command (as per your example) doesn't seem to work for me. I don't understand that if I did use additional key combinations, how does MS/MSFS know what my intention is...ie to save and/or load.

Any help is much appreciated.

Digger

Can you give me a couple of example keyboard bindings in MSFS that you are having trouble getting into the Streamdeck?

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Hi, Donka,

Thanks for your reply. Can I just explain how I've set my buttons up on my StreamDeck.Button 1 has the main startup screen loaded showing TBM partial cockpit. My next (button 2) shows a zoomed-out image of almost the complete cockpit. Having done that,I've gone to MSFS to see what I've ended up with. If I press number 1, the correct display shows. If I press the same button again, I get the same image. Moving to button 2, pressing shows the correct image, and pressing the same button again, the image from button 1 displays. The other views all share the 'quirk'...one button-press is fine and shows as saved, and the second press reverts to button 1.

Not sure if that's normal or not.

Now, If I wish to load/save another view (eg drone view) to another unused pad, and using your example of CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+11, I select that  for saving to MSFS. When I cross to SpaceTrack to load the view, and press ALT+SHIFT+11, the response does not show the last digit.....So nothing shows for pad 11. But what it does do is replace my original opening screen 2nd press with this new saved image. And this new image now replaces the 2nd press on each of the other saved pads as well.

Mate, I hope you understand the above, and appreciate your help.

Digger

Hi Digger, I'll reply this evening after work when I can get on my sim pc and feedback.

Hi Digger,

So I assume you are working with the custom views, of which there are only 10 so using keys 0-9 makes sense. There is no need for a binding with 11 unless I am missing something?

As per default on the screen below, you would use CTRL+ALT+1 to save the current view to custom view 1. You would then use ALT+1 to recall that and this is what you would add in the streamdeck profile using a hotkey button.

spacer.png

spacer.png

In the streamdeck software, it seems you can use any combination of modifiers e.g. CTRL, ALT, Shift etc. but only a single regular key after that so looks like we can't use 11 as part of the key stroke which is my mistake but there is no need for this anyway given we can use a different combination in MSFS in the first place.

Hi, Donka,

Thank you, once again. The images I have saved/loaded are not the generic bindings as shown in MSFS Control Options, but variations of them. For example, as the MCDU  is pretty small and hard to see (for me, anyway). so I modified the view by zooming/ moving left and right, up and down etc to get a much larger screen size. Saved and loaded as one of the 10 default keys, and good to go.

So, I have used up all of the 10 bindings allowed. As I want to show more views...mainly drones.....would I have to add my new assignments into MSFS Control Options/Keyboard showing my new proposed bindings.....for example SHIFT+ALT+$+1 for saving, and then ALT+$+1 for loading into StreamDeck?

Hope that makes sense, Donka.......it probably doesn't, as it's 4:15am here and I'm a little weary.

Take care,

Digger

Hi Digger, you are correct in your thinking but the issue is you are limited to 10 custom views I believe so once you have used those up, you can't assign any more. If Asobo opened a number of new custom view slots then your thoughts on additional key binding would be valid. Someone correct me if you can add more than 10 custom views today.

Hello, Donka,

Looks like we're stuck with the 10 bindings, and no way to increase this number. I've done a Google search for solutions, but no joy there. It's a shame, because the Elgato StreamDeck has so many keys available yet MSFS will only grant 10.

Never mind...we'll move on.

So good to see many people giving time and effort to help people like me. You're one of those people, Donka, and I realy appreciate your assistance.

Take care, stay safe

Digger

Welcome mate. There are plenty of other things we can bind to keys for the streamdeck. It's great for monitoring temps and pressures etc. for engines with the free FlightTracker plugin. You can really fill out the keys.

I found a useful script/event that allows you to display a Radar Altimeter value for any aircraft. I thought that was pretty cool. I love my Stream Deck.

Edited by MSFLYER5856

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

Does someone talk about StreamDeck gauges? 😉
Here you can see what is possible with AxisAndOHs:

SD4.jpg

Here you see a profile for the G36. Note the Battery switch with implemented voltmeter.
Fuel gauge with independend L/R gauge on one button, with yellow/red warning (independend)
Flap gauge which shows flap state and flap transit
Gear gauge which shows state of each gear independend (and toggle gear of course)
gauge for G1000NXi TOD, which shows ALT, DIST and Time to TOD
And you can see the relative wind gauge with wind direction and speed

SD3.jpg

Here you can see the new Kodiaks door panel. all door handles can be switched individually and doors could be toggled and you can see the door states open/closed/unsafe (if handle is not locked)

SD2.jpg

Here you see some gaugs and switches for the PMDG DC6. there is also a folder in this profile where you have 4 individuall gauges for all engines

Sd1.jpg

This is a standard profile for non specific aircraft types.
You have also a artificial horizon, two NAV1/2 needles on one button.

With the AAO plugin, meanwhile nothing is impossible to show and switch on the StreamDeck

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'v been trying to avoid additional software installs where possible but I may just need to give AAO a try as it can do some things the Flight Tracker plugin can't at the moment. Is the setup and configuration quite straight forward?

38 minutes ago, Donka said:

Is the setup and configuration quite straight forward?

Can't really answer as it very depends how you can handle such programs. It is much more straight forward then FSUIPC in my opinion, but of course, you have to read the manual. Such kind of programs couldn't be very intuitive.
AAO has a demo, where you can try if it works for you.

24 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

How do you detect (command name) which button click does what with Axis and Ohs?

Do you mean how you can search for the variables?
Or how you can assign functions to hardware buttons in AAO?
Do not really understand what you mean, sorry

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester