Sign in to follow this  
sauviat

FBW Reverse Thrust with Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

I have had long conversations with FBW's support on Discord about this and they say to use their guides etc. But their throttle calibration guide does not provide information on my Hotas Warthog. I can set it up as a normal throttle, no problem, but it cannot take into account the necessity to lift the throttle up and put it over the bar to activate reverse thrust, like it does for all other aircraft that has reverse thrust.

There must be owners of the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog that fly the FBWA320 out there that can provide input.

Can you help with this please?

Thanks

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

4 minutes ago, sauviat said:

I have had long conversations with FBW's support on Discord about this and they say to use their guides etc. But their throttle calibration guide does not provide information on my Hotas Warthog. I can set it up as a normal throttle, no problem, but it cannot take into account the necessity to lift the throttle up and put it over the bar to activate reverse thrust, like it does for all other aircraft that has reverse thrust.

There must be owners of the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog that fly the FBWA320 out there that can provide input.

Can you help with this please?

Thanks

Martin

Hold on a second...are you telling me you can lift the throttle up and move it back past a detent? I've had mine for a year and had NO idea this was a thing! 

Former Child, Current Adult

Been doing it since FSX and transferred the settings from FSUIPC4 to FSUIPC7. Now with the FBW and the EFB it doesn't do it.

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I have never got that lifting thing to work with any aircraft, MSFS doesn't detect the move for me.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

7 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I have never got that lifting thing to work with any aircraft, MSFS doesn't detect the move for me.

That's why it is necessary to use FSUIP7. FBW is the only plane that doesn't recognise it, as they missed it out of their EFB.

Martin Parr

30 minutes ago, sauviat said:

FBW is the only plane that doesn't recognise it,

Different Throttle kit but maybe you found some information concerning to your issue.

@polosim Thanks, but in the calibration, first part with the +, it does not move. It only allows for the sliders. He is using the Asobo A320, but he will not be able to do that with the FBW as you can only use the EFB for calibration.

As I said all planes with reverse thrust, except the FBW work with FSUIPC7.

Martin

Martin Parr

7 minutes ago, sauviat said:

@polosim Thanks, but in the calibration, first part with the +, it does not move. It only allows for the sliders. He is using the Asobo A320, but he will not be able to do that with the FBW as you can only use the EFB for calibration.

As I said all planes with reverse thrust, except the FBW work with FSUIPC7.

Martin

Did you try the calibration options in FBW A320NX's EFB? (Just a shot in the dark, perhaps it works)

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

perhaps this might help. different controls but the procedure might be the same?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCB64Epjtvg

@hvw Hi, yes, that's where I found the issue and had discussions with FBW. The instructions for different controllers are clear, but does not include the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog.

Martin

Martin Parr

3 minutes ago, sauviat said:

@hvw Hi, yes, that's where I found the issue and had discussions with FBW. The instructions for different controllers are clear, but does not include the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog.

Martin

Sorry, I hope they will come with a fix for your problem soon.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

@johnh1984 Hi, his explanations are very clear and this is how I found they don't work for my Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog. It doesn't allow for going over the bar - a physical lift of the throttle and then backwards.

Martin

• Like 1

Martin Parr

It works if you follow those steps:

STEP1 :

Assign the Warthog levers to the TROTTLE 1 AXIS and THROTTLE 2 AXIS

STEP 2 :
Assign the lifting reversers detents on the levers to THROTTLE 1 DECREASE and THROTTLE 2 DECREASE

STEP 4:
Start a flight with a FBW A32NX.

STEP 5:
Once in the EFB calibration screen, make sure the Type and Reverser parameters are checked on dual axis

STEP 6:
Calibrate the throttles.
The system is really simple. Just move the Warthog levers to each level
you want  then click the “SET” buttons next to the corresponding detent in the EFB

Edited by Jedi928

Jérôme Dietsch

does this system work if you move the detent to the top side & set it up for afterburner when you move it over the detent - just wondering

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

@Jedi928Hi, I can move over the bar and hear reverse thrust, but!

In red text at the bottom it says "Reverse Full (0.95) overlaps with Reverse Idle (-1.00)" when in Reverse Idle mode.

Obviously I can't save the setting while the red text is there What should the Deadband +/- read?

Martin

Martin Parr