Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Live Airport Activity - is it just me?

Selecting one airport is enough. See my screen above. I promise I only selected enva as dep as I never select an arrival airport flying the fbw since that comes via SimBrief. Also I flew to Gotenborg and those flight on the board go elsewhere. Anyway, as I mentioned I use real air traffic (vs AI traffic). So those not seeing any flights on the board may double check whether real traffic is enabled. Plus it may take a while until the board updates. Not minutes but sometimes some 4-8 seconds  

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Did you guys report in the official forums or zendesk.?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

29 minutes ago, DAD said:

Selecting one airport is enough. See my screen above. I promise I only selected enva as dep as I never select an arrival airport flying the fbw since that comes via SimBrief. Also I flew to Gotenborg and those flight on the board go elsewhere. Anyway, as I mentioned I use real air traffic (vs AI traffic). So those not seeing any flights on the board may double check whether real traffic is enabled. Plus it may take a while until the board updates. Not minutes but sometimes some 4-8 seconds  

I see that in your screenshot.  For me though, I have to select departure (as this will not populate the screen) then select arrival, wait about 15 seconds or so then see the window fill up.  I can get to what you show by then de-selecting the arrival airport then the window is still populated with destination blank.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

9 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Did you guys report in the official forums or zendesk.?

Zendesk

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

15 hours ago, abranpuko said:

do they take off?

No unfortunately that has been broken since, geez something like SU3? But no wonder why the traffic is so darned confused LOL

Anyhow, if the plane aren't taking off (just spawning at gates), how in the world are we getting all these landing aircraft? They MUST have taken off somehow lol...

53 minutes ago, KERNEL32 said:

No unfortunately that has been broken since, geez something like SU3? But no wonder why the traffic is so darned confused LOL

Anyhow, if the plane aren't taking off (just spawning at gates), how in the world are we getting all these landing aircraft? They MUST have taken off somehow lol...

They just spawn in the sky when you connect. What happens then, seems to be totally random.

They haven't fixed it in more than a year because they are unable to, in my opinion. 

According to their website, they are still hiring and the team is expanding. Hopefully someone who knows his stuff will join.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

What's rather weird to me is that I recall when MSFS first released there was departing and arriving traffic.. so who knows something got busted in one of the patches. They spawn at the gates so it's almost as if something is preventing them from taxiing and taking off. Bad/no flight plan or some broken path maybe?

Because as far as arriving aircraft, I'm very impressed with the accuracy now! They are getting very close to having this feature working.

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

They just spawn in the sky when you connect. What happens then, seems to be totally random.

They haven't fixed it in more than a year because they are unable to, in my opinion. 

According to their website, they are still hiring and the team is expanding. Hopefully someone who knows his stuff will join.

I'm purely speculating here, but I would imagine that with Working Title reworking the ATC and flight plan code next year, we'll start to see improvements with the AI at the same time, as I'd imagine they're quite closely tied together. Probably not worth Asobo spending time tweaking or fixing existing code that is going to be ripped apart in the near future.

Edited by FishBowlMan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KERNEL32 said:

What's rather weird to me is that I recall when MSFS first released there was departing and arriving traffic..

Are you sure it was AI/Real world traffic and not MP traffic?
I have never seen it working. At 50% (default), there should be a queue at large airports while even at Heathrow or Frankfurt during the day you always find deserted taxiways.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

I have never seen it working. At 50% (default), there should be a queue at large airports while even at Heathrow or Frankfurt during the day you always find deserted taxiways.

I've never used MP traffic only live AI traffic, and yes, I saw departing aircraft prior to SU5.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

11 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Yup 100% sure 👍

They just reverse the FROM and TO.  They need to update Departures to "TO" and Arrivals to read "FROM".  Glad to hear you submitted this to helpdesk as it was a bit of a headscratcher until I looked at how FlightAware displays airport activity.

I also reported this to Zendesk. The more reports of an issue the more likely, they say, it is to be resolved.

• Like 1