Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

FREEWARE: Grumman G164-B (WIP)

Yet another gift from the community, and another up-and-coming developer!

Grumman G164-B (WIP)

From the developer:

I'm brand spanking new to aircraft development so, keep in mind, this project is very much a work in progress. I chose the Grumman G164-B because it has personal significance to me. My dad was an ag pilot for 30+ years and he owned and operated a G164-A for a portion of that time.  

It's a completely native, hand-crafted model that I worked on for quite a while. It's obviously is not a true 1:1 representation of the real thing because, frankly, finding online reference resources for an Ag Cat is pretty challenging. The main intent of this project was to learn the ins and outs of development from the ground up, so you'll notice there is a great deal of detailing and features that need to be added/tweaked. I do intend to revisit this project and iron out such details in the future. 

I would greatly appreciate any constructive criticism from anyone who has any to offer! 

Special thanks to Jonx, Technotech, Hanger 713, and all the fine folks at the FS2 discord server for the tips and tricks that helped get me off the ground! 

Features: 

• Animated exterior.
  • Animated interior. 
  • Animated agricultural spray effect. 
  • Working cockpit (some features like elevator trim control and spray system controls to be added later).

Special instructions: 

• The spray effect is linked to the aircraft flaps so you’ll need to map RETRACT FLAPS and EXTEND FLAPS to a convenient location on your peripheral of choice. EXTEND FLAPS will turn the spray on, RETRACT FLAPS turns it off.

2BQUHH.png

0ZOY19.png

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

/When you're so ugly,  that you're beautiful.   The Ag Cat,   the Antonov AN-2,  etc.

I don't know what it is,  in flight sims I like the ugly ducklings and in race sims I like the "word not allowed cars".

🎶   "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So for my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you".....🎶

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

in race sims I like the "word not allowed cars".

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I took the Daihatsu Midget in GT-5, maxed it out, and drove it more often than almost any other car just for the funny factor. 😉

Forgot to say,  crop dusters are some nice little aircraft.  Every year I watch an old Ag Cat spray a huge levee to kill the mosquito larvae.   I work around 200 feet off the ground,  so when I watch them crop dust I'm looking down on them the entire time expect for when they chandelle at the end of each spraying run.    It's awesome to watch them,   power and grace.  But still maneuverable.

Now I need crop dusting missions for NeoFly.

Edited by Waldo Pepper

Just now, eslader said:

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I took the Daihatsu Midget in GT-5, maxed it out, and drove it more often than almost any other car just for the funny factor. 😉

Gimme an old Mini Cooper,   or a 65 mustang,  a race care with bias ply tires and drum brakes.

• Like 1

Just now, Waldo Pepper said:

Gimme an old Mini Cooper

Yes, please.  There was a guy near me years back that took an old Mini, restored it beautifully (British racing green with camel leather interior), and then stuck the engine from an Integra Type R in the front. Took a car that was originally around 55hp up to 195hp. That car was scary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Yet another gift from the community, and another up-and-coming developer!

Grumman G164-B (WIP)

From the developer:

2BQUHH.png

0ZOY19.png

I have been enjoying flying this little yellow bird very much , thanks for the link Sir . 

• Like 1