Sign in to follow this  
Boby

Track IR 4 error

Hi all, lately im running into problems with my TIR 4. I have downlaoded and installed the lastest Naturalpoint software 5.4.2.27545. I have downloaded the latest game update. I start FS 2020 and everything is okay. I can pause the TIR, reset, everything works fine. And while im paused and want to unpause, the organe pause led turn red and TIR stopped working completely. There is no other way than quiting my flight, FS 2020, restart TIR and FS 2020 and try again, which will lead into the same problem. For test i flew DCS and Elite Dangerous for hours and TIR works flawless. Anybody else having this issue and more important: is there a way to reconnect TIR while FS 2020 is running?

Thanks in advance! Boby

1 hour ago, Boby said:

Hi all, lately im running into problems with my TIR 4. I have downlaoded and installed the lastest Naturalpoint software 5.4.2.27545. I have downloaded the latest game update. I start FS 2020 and everything is okay. I can pause the TIR, reset, everything works fine. And while im paused and want to unpause, the organe pause led turn red and TIR stopped working completely. There is no other way than quiting my flight, FS 2020, restart TIR and FS 2020 and try again, which will lead into the same problem. For test i flew DCS and Elite Dangerous for hours and TIR works flawless. Anybody else having this issue and more important: is there a way to reconnect TIR while FS 2020 is running?

I use TIR 5 and have not run into a problem. I also use software ver 5.4.2.27545.  I am not familiar with the differences between TIR4 and TIR 5 -- are you sure the driver software for TIR4 and TIR5 is the same?

If you haven't done so, you might try posting on the TIR forum if a solution to your problem is not found here.

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewforum.php?f=44

Al

I did not find a way yet to successfully reconnect once TIR gets corrupted and it happens from time to time, it drives me nuts. What type of pause are you referring to? Just press escape, or some other pause in the sim?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

34 minutes ago, ark said:

I use TIR 5 and have not run into a problem. I also use software ver 5.4.2.27545.  I am not familiar with the differences between TIR4 and TIR 5 -- are you sure the driver software for TIR4 and TIR5 is the same?

If you haven't done so, you might try posting on the TIR forum if a solution to your problem is not found here.

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewforum.php?f=44

Al

All Track IR 4 should work fine with latest software. I wonder how old this Track IR is. Mine went bad after around 10 years, and I replaced it with a new one. The old one would intermittently lock up or disconnect. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

All Track IR 4 should work fine with latest software. I wonder how old this Track IR is. Mine went bad after around 10 years, and I replaced it with a new one. The old one would intermittently lock up or disconnect. 

I am getting to a 10 year mark and it still runs like a champ, I'm glad they're selling it still, I wonder if I should just buy it and have it on hand if it goes one of these days. I would not fly without it, I tried VR and didn't like it and immediately reverted back to TIR. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

22 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I am getting to a 10 year mark and it still runs like a champ, I'm glad they're selling it still, I wonder if I should just buy it and have it on hand if it goes one of these days. I would not fly without it, I tried VR and didn't like it and immediately reverted back to TIR. 

I was probably around 11+ years and mine starting getting flaky. Sometimes it would work fine, and then the next flight it would not. It even started to cause MSFS to lock up, I found this out by just disconnecting it. The new one is so much better, and I am glad now the old one finally quit. I can't fly without Track IR . I tried VR at work because someone had one there and I hated it. You couldn't pay me enough to fly with that thing on my head and the resolution is terrible too. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

I also really like my trusty TrackIR but that new Tobi Eyetracker looks interesting too, apparently it will support MSFS eventually. So at least we finally have a potential competitor too.

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

22 minutes ago, Rudiii said:

I also really like my trusty TrackIR but that new Tobi Eyetracker looks interesting too, apparently it will support MSFS eventually. So at least we finally have a potential competitor too.

Just took a look at the Tobi website. If I understand correctly, they recommend a max screen size of 30" for eye tracking, but not for head tracking. It is not clear to me how they do head tracking, and I wonder how wearing eyeglasses may impact the eye tracking.

Is anyone using the Tobi system with a flight simulator?

Al

Edited by ark

11 hours ago, ark said:

Just took a look at the Tobi website. If I understand correctly, they recommend a max screen size of 30" for eye tracking, but not for head tracking. It is not clear to me how they do head tracking, and I wonder how wearing eyeglasses may impact the eye tracking.

Al

Interesting, wonder how I would get on with a 32" monitor.

Just noticed it's also mounted on the bottom of the monitor as opposed to the top, which is probably great with keyboard and mouse but my Alpha yoke would probably block it's view.

I hope someone eventually does a thorough review of our options.

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

17 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I did not find a way yet to successfully reconnect once TIR gets corrupted and it happens from time to time, it drives me nuts. What type of pause are you referring to? Just press escape, or some other pause in the sim?

The pause im refering to is the TIR pause button to freeze the screen. When i have to press button on the upper head i watch at the upper head and press the TIR pause function so i can easily press the buttons with my mouse without any miss click as i move my head. 

My TIR 4 is an oldy indeed but as i said, flying DCS or ED it works flawless. If the same problem would occur in other games i would buy the TIR 5. But i do not think its a problem with my TIR

2 minutes ago, Boby said:

My TIR 4 is an oldy indeed but as i said, flying DCS or ED it works flawless. If the same problem would occur in other games i would buy the TIR 5. But i do not think its a problem with my TIR

I seriously doubt if it is an issue with MSFS. 

15 hours ago, ark said:

Al

I use Tobii eye Tracker 5 on YouTube you can see users using large flat panel TV`s no problem, I also wear Glasses Bi-focal and according to the road map MSFS support will come in the next big update SU7. 11.18.2021.

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

• Like 1