Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Haptic headset

Just picked up a Corsair HS60 haptic headset, as my old headset headphone jack started failing. 

Ive paired this new one with dolby atmos. 

WOW! I never even knew haptic on a headset was a thing, but this is actually really good! Well worth it if anyone is looking for a new headset. 

• Upvote 1

• Like 1

David Murden.   MSFS  • Fenix A320 • PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet •

• Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF •  Flightsim.to •

DCS • A10c II • F-16c • F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier • Terrains = • Nevada NTTR • Persian Gulf • Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON •  32GB DDR4  3200MHz • RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  • Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip •

4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

WOW! I never even knew haptic on a headset was a thing, but this is actually really good! Well worth it if anyone is looking for a new headset. 

What is the meaning of haptic in relation to the headphones?  I thought haptic meant something relating to touch or feel.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

What is the meaning of haptic in relation to the headphones?  I thought haptic meant something relating to touch or feel.

It's hard to describe, so, here is a review:-

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/corsair-hs60-haptic-review

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It's hard to describe, so, here is a review:-

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/corsair-hs60-haptic-review

Funny! 'Sounds like you are wrapping your head in a subwoofer'. :laugh:

Now I get it. 

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I’m curious if you find the haptic effect gets annoying after a long period of time?  I was thinking of buying one a while ago but read a review that said for flight simming or games with a constant drone the effect can become tiresome.

I’m interested to hear your experiences…maybe I’ll look at one again.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

I’m curious if you find the haptic effect gets annoying after a long period of time?

I would imagine after several hours yes, however there is a control for intensity and on / off easy access on the side of the ear piece 🙂

Perfect, thanks!

As a heads up to any Canadians here, I just bought one off Amazon.ca for CDN$119.99, on sale from the usual CDN$179.99.  Not sure if that discount exists on other Amazon sites or not.  It will be here Friday.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Was wondering if these headphones vibrate while you are just generally flying (cruising)? Turbulence? I"m looking for more haptic feedback to emulate the actual shaking of the plane in flight.

Thanks

1 hour ago, todd92371 said:

Was wondering if these headphones vibrate while you are just generally flying (cruising)? Turbulence? I"m looking for more haptic feedback to emulate the actual shaking of the plane in flight.

Thanks

Not to go off the rails of the intended thread, but have you looked into buttkicker system, may just do what you are looking for. 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Thanks

I have.... But, the price adds up quick. It's going to take around 300 to get it running and was curious to see if the headphones would be a worthy addition. 🙂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, todd92371 said:

Thanks

I have.... But, the price adds up quick. It's going to take around 300 to get it running and was curious to see if the headphones would be a worthy addition. 🙂

Ya I hear ya, cost adds up quickly for sure..

Cheers!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

My experience has been mixed with these.  Some of the effects are cool with haptic feedback like wheels touching down on landing.  I find the droning of some engines and even more so the external rumble of exhaust on jets gives me a headache.  I have to turn the haptic setting all the way down.  Similar in other games with a lot of continuous bass sounds like American/Euro truck simulator.

Where it shines in my eyes is games like Far Cry 6…you can really feel every explosion and gunshot and it’s super impressive.

• Like 1

Dave

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

My experience has been mixed with these.  Some of the effects are cool with haptic feedback like wheels touching down on landing.  I find the droning of some engines and even more so the external rumble of exhaust on jets gives me a headache.  I have to turn the haptic setting all the way down.  Similar in other games with a lot of continuous bass sounds like American/Euro truck simulator.

Where it shines in my eyes is games like Far Cry 6…you can really feel every explosion and gunshot and it’s super impressive.

So, is it still annoying with the haptic feedback all the way down with things like you mentioned (engines- ets2)? Or, does it add immersion?

Thanks!