Sign in to follow this  
rickjake

Configuration Error

Hello Bryan

Since installing the latest beta, for both PBE and FBW, I get an  "ERROR! - configuration system failed to initialize" error message that pops up every time I start FBW. 

Any ideas?

On a side note, I cannot launch the application from inside MSFS. I get a "Warning:  External FS2Crew Command Centre program not running. Cmd Centre now inop. Probable EXE.xml corruption problem. See FS2Crew Support Forum."  The thing is , Command Centre (the red plane nose) does launch on MSFS startup without any problems. If I Launch the program (PBE or FBW) from outside the sim, it connects and works. I have always had this issues since the start. I have uninstalled, and re-installed several times to no avail.  At least up till now, (until the above configuration error started) I got it working by launching the program outside of MSFS.  The PBE still works this way.  

Any help or idea's would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Hi Bryan

Yes, I did check to make sure MSFS was with Admin rights, as I have read that somewhere on here to try that.

Yes, latest beta.Nov 13 release

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

After some more troubleshooting, I found that if I launch MSFS via the FSUIPC short-cut that auto launches MSFS, then I can get FBW and PBE to launch from inside the sim. 

PBE works fine, but I still get the configuration error when I launch FBW. Then a script error. If I hit continue, then FBW will launch, but it does not work. 

I cannot seem to figure out why I get this configuration error.

Rick Verhallen

Thanks

I will send a support ticket

Rick Verhallen

In case anyone is wondering or gets something similar, we solved it.  There was a corruption in one of his files.

Solution:

Go to this folder:

C:\Users\**your user name***\AppData\Local\A

Note: The "A" is not cutoff. It's just A.
Delete everything.  The files will auto rebuild when FS2Crew starts again.
Make a backup first.

That solved it for him.