Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Warning with newest Nvidia Drivers 496.76

So I just spent the last hour trying to fix what I thought may have been a bricked GPU ... Back story I went to update my graphics drivers with a clean install like I always do when suddenly my screen goes black and stays that way through multiple reboots. Thankfully I'm on my laptop so I switched to the integrated GPU and got into windows (they do come in handy). I preformed another clean install in GeForce experience no luck still a black screen on boot into windows.... Finally I downloaded DDU and used it for a clean install and installed older drivers for my 3080 and its back to working correctly.. Something isnt right with the new driver. 

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Not sure why you had this problem.

I downloaded this driver yesterday, and had no problems at all, I still have a GTX1080 ti.

Seems smoother than the previous  version and maybe fractionally higher FPS in the same places. I get the same performance with 300LOD as I used to you with 200LOD with the old version for example.

• Like 2

I can confirm. On my desktop the clean install via the geforce experience program hang with a black screen just after the uninstalling old driver bit.

I had to reset the PC manually and was able to boot to a basic desktop. While there I've downloaded the official NVidia standalone installer and it was able to install the new driver, albeit with some drama since it appeared to be hanging midway in for almost one minute!

This was on a 2080Ti.

Edited by Wolf0

2 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

Not sure why you had this problem.

Does it matter?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

A Hotfix driver was released only a few hours after the 496.76 WHQL's yesterday.  The 496.84 Hotfix can be downloaded here.

• Like 1

Oh no. Nvidia releasing drivers to sabotage the video card so they can sell more of what THAT THEY DONT HAVE! 🙂

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1