Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Solved (hopefully): Massive stutters and huge loss of FPS

After updating (or is that downdating) FS2020 to SU7 I had normal fps while sitting at the gate. However, when I start to taxi my FBW A320NX Experimental the framerates drop from ~40 fps to below 10 fps. Stuttering galore then of course. I am running on DX11, didn't even dare to try DX12, Being airborne fps varies from 45 fps down to 6 fps, stuttering is massive. Clouds are very grainy. Mouse goes ballistic at times, even though I did reset settings to default. I also cut back level of terrain lod to 100 without any success.

I am not so pleased with this SU7 (understatement). Wished I could go back to SU6 where everything ran smooth as oil. 

Hopefully one (or more) of you fellow-simmers can give me some hints on how to get FS2020 run smoothly again.

Thanks beforehand for your assistance.

Edited by hvw

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Fly a different aircraft for the time being until Flybywire fix the problem.

After deleting the usercfg.opt and entering my "old" settings in the options again (thus generating a new usercfg.opt), all seems to be working fine for now

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

4 minutes ago, hvw said:

After deleting the usercfg.opt and entering my "old" settings in the options again (thus generating a new usercfg.opt), all seems to be working fine for now

Can you further expand on this meaning sharing your settings?  I noticed performance issues as well and had to dial back on a few settings under DX11.  Still investigating.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hans- that may well be the key precept with SU7 (and Reno)... change to default, then change back to your preference (for Graphics, Assistance AND controllers) and then save. Shouldn't be necessary, but seems it is.

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

14 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Can you further expand on this meaning sharing your settings?  I noticed performance issues as well and had to dial back on a few settings under DX11.  Still investigating.

I just used the settings that I had prior to and right after installing SU7. Perhaps you should try as I did. Just make a backup of you usercfg.opt file, delete the orignal one, fire up FS2020 and set your graphics options again.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

16 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Hans- that may well be the key precept with SU7 (and Reno)... change to default, then change back to your preference (for Graphics, Assistance AND controllers) and then save. Shouldn't be necessary, but seems it is.

Yes, Carl, resetting to default and then enter your preferred settings again might solve it as well. I just drastically got rid of the usercfg.opt file and then reset all my graphic settings. Those updates are really fun, aren't they? They keep us off the streets. 🙂 Geez....

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

10 minutes ago, nyfirefly11 said:

Can you reset defaults in the UI or do you have to delete the usercfg.opt file?

Resetting to defaults and then enter your preferred settings might work as well. I just killed the usercfg.opt file, having had it with FS2020 at that moment 🙂

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe