Sign in to follow this  
tup61

Trans alt in LNM...?

Is it possible to see the trans alt of airports in LNM...? That would make LNM really complete for my needs. It's the only bit of information I am missing.

The possiblity to see the transition altitude and the minimums for landing. These two things would be fantastic to implement.

And if it's not possible, maybe there could be an option added to add them manually into the program

Hello,

LNM shows you Transition Altitude (and many other datas) :

spacer.png

Explore the other labels...

Once you have declared an airport as "departure" or "destination" go and have a look at corresponding procedures SID, STARS, Approaches...

What about the Transition Level : when descending to your arrival point, you'll cross the Transition Level (above the trans alt of the airport.
In some countries, trans alt and trans level are the same (18000ft in USA...)
In other cases, the ATC will give you the correct altitude
Without ATC, you can calculate the Trans Level from the QNH and altitude of the destination airport.

You can try with Navigraph Charts or Simbrief to access Jeppesen charts.
You can equally go to my site and have a look at https://simu.alain-bettan.fr/icao/s1.php

Sorry, hope you understand French...

Good flights

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4,4GHz, RAM 16 Go, CG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8Go. Écrans 2x22", 1x7" et 2 tablettes 10".
Simulateur : Prepar3d V4.5 Hardware : Saitek/Logitek ProFlight Yoke + 2 quadrants, radiopanel, multipanel, rudders

Site perso simulation de vollogosimu.png

11 minutes ago, albe06 said:

LNM shows you Transition Altitude (and many other datas) :

Awesome! Thanks! I thought I checked all tabs (there are many 😉 ) but I totally missed it! I see it now! Great! 🙂

LNM (now) offers everything I need to know (for my kind of flying) so I can unsubscribe the Navigraph Chart subscription I am trying for a month now. I will keep the navdata though.

EDIT
I think it's time to donate some money to LNM for this utterly awesome free utility! I couldn't fly without it and it saves me a lot of money! 😉

Edited by tup61

14 minutes ago, albe06 said:

What about the Transition Level : when descending to your arrival point, you'll cross the Transition Level (above the trans alt of the airport.
In some countries, trans alt and trans level are the same (18000ft in USA...)
In other cases, the ATC will give you the correct altitude
Without ATC, you can calculate the Trans Level from the QNH and altitude of the destination airport.

is it that simple ..... I thought ATC assigned a level to swap QNE to QNH (if it wasn't on the charts).

for now, cheers

john martin

Hello,

a little demo when Transition Level is not avalaible (even if given by ATC) :

How to obtain the Transition Level : a sample xith LFMN (NICE FRANCE) :

direct Access to my site page

Good flights (and landings 😊😉)

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4,4GHz, RAM 16 Go, CG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8Go. Écrans 2x22", 1x7" et 2 tablettes 10".
Simulateur : Prepar3d V4.5 Hardware : Saitek/Logitek ProFlight Yoke + 2 quadrants, radiopanel, multipanel, rudders

Site perso simulation de vollogosimu.png