Sign in to follow this  
beatle

SP1 Beta 2 Posted to Testers

Good news! Thanks for posting the update, broke my knee last night playing soccer so hopefully SP1 can bring me out of my blues.Ian.

>Good news! Thanks for posting the update, broke my knee last>night playing soccer so hopefully SP1 can bring me out of my>blues.>>Ian.Sorry to hear about the knee. Ouch!

I'm guessing that bar any miracles we will not be seeing sp1 this month? Looking more like a mid to late may release as it stands now. Sure hope that doesn't throw off dx10 again. I just want this thing out so we can start getting some payware out the door finally. This payware developer sp1 holding pattern is dragging on and on and on waiting for this patch to get released.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>I'm guessing that bar any miracles we will not be seeing sp1>this month? Looking more like a mid to late may release as it>stands now. I would suggest early May maybe?

Yeah it looks like early May. And who cares about DX10 at this point...its not even on their radar.

Not true, I am up to 10 One-Page specs for DX10 at the moment. Those are a mix of features, infrastructure needs, architectural policy, and asks from other projects. Those will be turned into implementation plans in due course. The "Microsoft Way" has you spec'ing the next release as you are completing the current one. So that process is well underway. And once we are far enough along that I know what soldiers died on the road, expect a post or two. Summer-ish.

Guest robains

Phil,Don't need details, did you folks fix the AI problem with ground support vehicles crashing into aircraft?Rob.

There was an issue with freeway traffic not respecting exclusion polygons.And there was an issue with the docs for ai parking spots in the SDK, in that how the radius was generated wasnt obvious. Maybe that was what is causing the vehicles to crash into the parked planes?Both of those are fixed in SP1.

I know that the release of SP1 will be whenever it's ready. Just wondering how much beforehand we'll find out what will be in SP1? Will it be once it's released or prior to that?

Guest mmaxx

will there be also fixed the window reflections color with the right colors for the red and white cup ?

>Good news! Thanks for posting the update, broke my knee last>night playing soccer so hopefully SP1 can bring me out of my>blues.>>Ian.OUCH!Get better soon, bro!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>Good news! Thanks for posting the update, broke my knee last>night playing soccer so hopefully SP1 can bring me out of my>blues.>>Ian.Sorry to hear that, get better dude... *:-*:-hahCheers! :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

Guest robains

Actually no, the bug was with AC that were taxiing to takeoff, where the ATC would give the ground vehicle priority over the AC!! With the exception of emergency crew this just DOES NOT happen. Also, ATC would do the "hold position" too late -- meaning the AC (me) was already in the path of the ground vehicle and hence the collision. Which restarts the sim -- not a great way to end a long flight.Oddly enough this was THE bug that caused me to stop using FSX. It was just too frustrating to go thru 3 hours of flight (and Pre-flight) to be RESET back to square one after a successful landing.Rob.