Sign in to follow this  
GrayBeard418

Yet another returning simmer

After an absence of 15 years or so, MSFS 2020 caught my interest so I decided to give it a try. My old and dusty CH Products yoke, pedals, and throttle quadrant were no longer up to the task so I got the Logitech G setup; yoke and throttle, radio, multi, and switch panels. They worked out of the box with MSFS 2020, but it took a little research and effort to get them working with FSX, I'm even giving the X-Plane demo a try and got them working there as well.

A long time ago (from the mid-90's on), I was pretty involved in the FS community, I wrote some addons that were distributed by a company called Abacus: CoPilot Pro, EZ-GPS, and Airport and Scenery Designer. I did some work with a great simmer named Konstatin Kukushkin, Does anybody know if he's still around?

In any event, I'm retired now and having quite a bit of fun learning MSFS 2020 and revisiting FSX.

• Like 1

Welcome back. Have fun!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Co-Pilot and EZ-GPS..I remember those! Welcome back to the fun!

Edited by sniper31

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11