Sign in to follow this  
jarmstro

Tropical Sim Faro

I was going to buy this in the sale. Pretty sure it was in the marketplace at one time but now it's not for some reason which makes me suspicious. I can only find it on Simmarket. Is it any good?

1 minute ago, dean01c said:

Personally a big no. Hope this helps

It does. Thanks. Bought Oxford instead.

• Like 1

Incredible the kind of nit-pickies simmers look after in a FLIGHT simulator 🤣

OMG...

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

41 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Incredible the kind of nit-pickies simmers look after in a FLIGHT simulator 🤣

OMG...

For much the same price you can buy an airport such as Pilot Plus Bristol with ten times the quality. So it's not so much OMG nit-picking it's more value for money. Still, I don't suppose quality is a word you understand.

Edited by jarmstro

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Still, I don't suppose quality is a word you understand.

Depends on what I'm evaluating...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Just now, jcomm said:

Depends on what I'm evaluating...

Indeed it does. OMG airports costing money are unworthy of evaluation.

Wonder why this was pulled from the Marketplace though...looking for a upgrade from the default airport.

Edited by DylanM

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Indeed it does. OMG airports costing money are unworthy of evaluation.

@jamstro, rgd being picky I was not referring to you but rather to the review itself, the details mentioned, like blurry textures on terminal numbers an so on... Stuff that actually looks great, more than enough for me...

Main Simulation Rig:

I believe its been reviewed by @Filbertflies who as ever gives a balanced review. I bought it anyway for sentimental summer holiday reasons.

Edited by Quaere Verum

Yes, I wasn't wowed by it but I wouldn't say it was bad. 

If you're looking for the crème de la crème of add-on airports, this certainly isn't it. But if you want to fly to Faro (which I do - more, in fact, than I want to fly to Oxford) then it's worth letting your standards slip a little. 🙂

• Like 1

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

22 hours ago, jarmstro said:

For much the same price you can buy an airport such as Pilot Plus Bristol with ten times the quality. So it's not so much OMG nit-picking it's more value for money. Still, I don't suppose quality is a word you understand.

You did the right thing. Oxford is really really good. 

Value for money the best imo is here

https://beautifulmodelworld.ru/

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have it and i say it worth the money, but, im Portuguese and i know Faro very well, so im suspicious.

Btw for those who dont know it in real live, worth a visit to all the south of Portugal called Algarve, some of the best beaches in Europe, sorry i had to grab the opportunity to make some publicity to my country 🙂

• Like 2

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

11 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You did the right thing. Oxford is really really good. 

Value for money the best imo is here

https://beautifulmodelworld.ru/

Ive been subscribed since way back. Now that's value for money!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

I have it and i say it worth the money, but, im Portuguese and i know Faro very well, so im suspicious.

Btw for those who dont know it in real live, worth a visit to all the south of Portugal called Algarve, some of the best beaches in Europe, sorry i had to grab the opportunity to make some publicity to my country 🙂

I know it well. 😀 And I'll be back once this word not allowed pandemic is over. 

• Like 1