Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Ignore function should ignore threads, not just posts

I use the unread option for my streams and there are a few threads in specific sub forums that clog up the stream. It's a minor point but I think AVsim should investigate this as an option.

Edited by jabloomf1230

You ignore topic/threads by NOT clicking on them! 🤔

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

You ignore topic/threads by NOT clicking on them! 🤔

Sure. But if I'm trying to ignore a user because they post a frequent number of redundant/obnoxious/misinformed threads on a forum, why should they still clutter my feed? 

If this forum platform doesn't allow admins to strengthen the ignore function, that's fine. But otherwise it would be nice to be able to de-clutter my feed completely of users I wish to ignore. 

@Chapstick  Hoover your mouse pointer over the User's avatar that you wish to "ignore" and you will see the "Ignore User" option to click on.  You can ignore any posts that he does, as well as, any PM from him.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

12 minutes ago, charliearon said:

@Chapstick  Hoover your mouse pointer over the User's avatar that you wish to "ignore" and you will see the "Ignore User" option to click on.  You can ignore any posts that he does, as well as, any PM from him.

Yes, that’s what I do, but I that function does not ignore threads. You still see the threads they create.

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

Yes, that’s what I do, but I that function does not ignore threads. You still see the threads they create.

Or you can buy a can of cement and harden up? 

6 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Or you can buy a can of cement and harden up? 

Cool, another one for the ignore list

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

But if I'm trying to ignore a user because they post a frequent number of redundant/obnoxious/misinformed threads on a forum, why should they still clutter my feed? 

Obnoxious posts will be reported and mods will deal with those. Misinformed or redundant ones are hardly going to cause you lasting damage.

The beauty / drawback of being a mod is we are obliged to have access to all posts by all members irrespective of how we feel about them. Fun eh? 😁

Expecting the forum staff to change the software because you choose not to scroll past certain topics is unreasonable. Suppose that topic later revealed something useful. You wouldn’t see it because of your requested filtering. Better to just accept things as they are. The forum software won’t be changing.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

46 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Cool, another one for the ignore list

It is a forum about flight simulation. No cuss words are allowed. Nor racist comments. Nor unnecessary trolling. Nor personal attacks. 

Its really not that bad. Is it?