Sign in to follow this  
goggi

MSFS Cockpit Quickviews broken

Has anyone else had problems with Cockpit Quickviews (CQ) after SU7?

All my Cockpit Quickviews are inoperative, regardless of key choice or even peripheral used (joystick, keyboard).
After extensive tests I determined that:

1- all physical buttons/keys assigned to CQ work fine by themselves (checked by assigning them to other, different actions);

2- the problem remains when assigning the same Quickviews to keys/buttons different from those in (1);

3- the problem affects all (and only) Cockpit Quickviews;

4- the problem does NOT affect External Quickviews.

In addition, Cockpit Look X (X= L/R, U/D, ... using e.g. the joystick Hat Switch) work fine.
All in all, the problem seems to reside within MSFS and to be limited to a handful of controls (just CQ).

- In case others had similar problems, I shall report to the MSFS zendesk.
- In case this affects just my setup (some corrupted file somewhere?), is there any suggestion on how to proceed, other than re-installing the whole MSFS?
  I fear that, control mappings being stored in the Cloud, a long, tedious work might end up in no change ….

Thank you,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

10 hours ago, goggi said:

- In case others had similar problems, I shall report to the MSFS zendesk.

I have an issue with quick view, too, which I think started with SU6 but seems to be different from yours. I had the left/right coolie hat switch set to quick view left/right and when I tilt the coolie hat to, e.g., the left view turns to the left, but doesn't return to straight after releasing it.

I didn't care that much as I mostly fly under VR so far, but something seems to have changed.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On 12/10/2021 at 5:18 PM, goggi said:

Has anyone else had problems with Cockpit Quickviews (CQ) after SU7?

I use the default LB+D-Pad and they all work. I even managed to have "next pilot position" working without freezing, by disabling the middle mouse button.

Definitely something with your setup.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

The whole camera system has been erratic for me since SU7. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Man. Would so love to have chaseplane 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

Me too!

• Like 1

Giorgio Goggi

On 12/11/2021 at 7:19 PM, micstatic said:

If you have MSFS2020 you already have it. Options > Controls Options > Keyboard > Camera > Cockpit Camera >

Save Custom Camera 0 - 9

Load Custom Camera 0 - 9

I kept the default key combo to save the camera views and the Keypad 0 - 9 to load the camera views. Takes about as long as Chaseplane to setup. Other camera views are available (exterior, drone) but I haven't played around with those.

Number of Youtube videos explain the process.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

are these airplane specific?  Can you assign the keys to a controller instead?  I like being able to have interior/exterior views assigned to the same controller also

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Solved. 
For mysterious reasons (at least to me), the culprit was the General/Camera/Home Cockpit Mode = ON. Setting it back to OFF solved the issue.
Twenty6: that was indeed my intention, once this issue was over. It is now.
micstatic: I had tried this too, all planes behaved the same (of course, the problem being in GeneralOptions).

If someone explains to me what this Home mode (undocumented) is, I would appreciate.
Thanks to all for suggestions,
Giorgio

• Like 1

Giorgio Goggi

32 minutes ago, goggi said:

If someone explains to me what this Home mode (undocumented) is, I would appreciate.
Thanks to all for suggestions,
Giorgio

As far as I recall, this was intended for home cockpit/panel builders (like me) who don't need a panel on display as they have one in hardware. It should (i) place the pilot in its usual place on the seat, and (ii) remove the cockpit display (as did the 'W' key under FSX/P3D). Unfortunately, (ii) never worked so (i) alone is useless.

There are several threads on this in the official forum. It's a quite simple feature but Asobo has been unable to realize it properly for months now.

But thanks for the hint, I'll give it a try.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

OK, Michael, thank you very much.
It is a real trap.

Kind regards,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

Just confirming that my Cockpit Quickviews via joystick were not working and turning off Home Cockpit setting fixed the issue for me also. Thanks for the thread!