Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

How bad is the flight planner with Simbrief's FPs?

I forgot to mention. After you have the flight plan configured in the FMS, it updates the MSFS flight plan. Everything you have that uses the MSFS flight plan should (maybe... fingers crossed...) work fine. I checked the MSFS nav log on my last flight and it had all of the correct waypoints. The only thing I haven't found a way to do is specify the arrival gate. Let me know if any of you have, please.

I just did a 45 minute flight from KPVD to KBWI this morning and it was spectacular. Once again, one of the best flights I have ever had. 605AM to 650AM with the sun just peeking as I landed, I'm using the beta. Metar said 3500 overcast. I hit the tops of them at 4K and the bottoms were closer to 2500 than 3500, but I'll take it.

I just installed a new 2TB SSD and gave it all to MSFS. I still have FSX, FSX-SE, P3dv4, and P3Dv5 installed and I can not see myself firing up any of them ever again.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

26 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I forgot to mention. After you have the flight plan configured in the FMS, it updates the MSFS flight plan.

Do note that in the FBW A320 there is an option in the FlyPad settings that needs to be turned on for this to happen.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

When you guys say it updates the MSFS flight plan, do you mean on the world map screen or in the MCDU?

Jim...what setting in the FlyPad?

6 hours ago, knich said:

When you guys say it updates the MSFS flight plan, do you mean on the world map screen or in the MCDU?

Jim...what setting in the FlyPad?

I should have mentioned that I am referring to the FBW Dev version, although this feature will eventually make its way to the Stable version.

The setting is found in the FlyPad > Settings > Sim Options and is called Sync MSFS Flight Plan. There are three options. Save is the option you want.

More info here: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/fbw-a32nx/feature-guides/flyPad/settings/.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

26 minutes ago, JimBrown said:

I should have mentioned that I am referring to the FBW Dev version, although this feature will eventually make its way to the Stable version.

The setting is found in the FlyPad > Settings > Sim Options and is called Sync MSFS Flight Plan. There are three options. Save is the option you want.

More info here: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/fbw-a32nx/feature-guides/flyPad/settings/.

...jim

Using dev version so thanks. 

4 minutes ago, knich said:

Using dev version so thanks. 

By the way, using the Save option allows the default ATC to (mostly) work with whatever flight plan you have. It also updates the VFR map, although occasionally things get a bit weird. To be expected, as ATC and VFR map are still using the MSFS flight planner, while the FBW A320 is using it's own flight planner. Occasionally things get lost in translation. 😉

Overall, I find it quite useful to use the Save option. Just have to keep an eye out for occasional weirdness from ATC and take appropriate action (or non-action).

...jim

• Like 1