Treated myself to one of these as an early Xmas pressie, after being very impressed by the performance of my new Fulcrum One yoke by @tutmeister.  hope I didn’t pull the trigger too prematurely, are they any good?  Hoping to see as much improvement over my old hotas x as with the Fulcrum over the CH Yoke…..

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I've had my unit for 11 years now. Only blemishes are 1 LED lamp is broken, and the red color on the trigger has been worn off at places.

But performance in-game is just as good as when they were brand new.

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I just recently relaced my Warthog with a Yoko+ and TQ6.

As above, had my WH for about 7 years. 
Never a problem, rock solid.

You’re gonna like it. 😎

2 hours ago, newtie said:

I just recently relaced my Warthog with a Yoko+ and TQ6.

As above, had my WH for about 7 years. 
Never a problem, rock solid.

You’re gonna like it. 😎

What you think of the tq6?

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

The Thrustmaster Warthog is by far the best "mass produced" stick and throttle.  I've seen it often described as a "high end entry range" product, but would describe it personally more as a mid-range product (not entry range, just in the middle between entry and high end).  The build is solid and the sensors are all hall effect.  Resolution is good, noise minimal, and the switches feel solid.  The control inputs are smooth and solid.

Another nice thing is there are a fair number of accessories made for the Thrustmaster Warthog.  Thrustmaster themselves sell a Viper and Hornet stick.  There are a number of 3D printed inserts for detents on the throttle (climb/flex/MCT airbus style, push through afterburner, etc), and custom labeled panels for the throttle in case the 1:1 A-10C isn't what you're looking for.  Most of the panels are on Etsy. 

If you're looking at something in a similar range to Fulcrum yokes (from reputation, I don't own one) in HOTAS systems, that would be Virpil and/or Winwing.  I think Virpil is better, but they've gone the "generic" aircraft route, rather than aircraft specific.

I am still using the Warthog stick for the DCS F/A-18C (with the Hornet grip add-on) and it performs well.  I can't say I really notice any shortcoming, although for a 190 euro base I might upgrade to the Virpil sometime.  I *just* upgraded to a Winwing Hornet throttle and panels.  The throttle feels like a huge upgrade, but I think that is primarily because it has a full 12" travel rather than about 3.5".  I had no idea how much it would smooth out my flying "in the groove". 

Edited by ESzczesniak
  • Like 1

Eric Szczesniak

2 hours ago, reecemj said:

What you think of the tq6?

Love it. Extremely precise. The Yoko as well. I also invested in a set of Crosswind rudder pedals. I've been flying a long time and had no idea what a yoke,TQ and rudder pedals can bring to the table. Should not have waited so long. Took a long time to get used to. I was grabbing for the joystick in thin air for the longest time 😄

I've given up business jets for a while and I'm flying A2A aircraft exclusively for the time being. I forgot what outstanding aircraft they produce and not having to fly into big hubs is a great frame rate booster. Flying from KUDD to KBUR in the 182 as I write this.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1