Sign in to follow this  
roland

King Air drivers - question

Hi all,

I am struggling using the King Air's G3X MFD, with or without the crappy WT mode.

Are there any hidden buttons one can use or is it really all touch? Like when trying to scroll down a FLP with the mouse pointer/arrow on the white bar at the right of the FLP window. Sometimes I can scroll but most times I cannot. It works a bit better with the FLP open on the PFD, but still not perfect. Very very buggy.

Would like to hear from others. Can you use all functions of the MFD like it should be or do you have the same issues? 

Honestly I am really getting fed up with Asobo's approach. I am flight simming since the beginning and went through all the versions and there never have been any issues. A few payware and freeware add-ons created struggles but not the sim as such. MSFS2020 is a disgrace, we all paid for it, expecting a finished product, but as it has turned out we are only used as guinea pigs (they call it beta-testers...?). It's a year and half now and we are not getting anywhere. 

Thanks.

Roland

• Like 1

There is a WT mod for the G3X. But, to me, the King Air is one of the worst in MSFS and the few times I try to fly it, it's always a bad experience.

• Upvote 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I fly the 350 professionally in real life. I cant spend more then a few minutes in Asobo's rendition. It's stock basic model is a joke. Avionics are essentially make belief. I would pay a ton of money to get the sort of quality Milviz did in P3D on the 350. Or, get WT to somehow get the Proline 21 integrated into the King Air. Probably impossible, but man...that Proline 21 suite they modded is the only thing I can stomach when playing with some instrument flying in MSFS.

• Like 1

I wish they had put pretty much any other avionics package in it.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yes, the working environment of the default KA is lacking. Avionics are silly and only a handful of switches work. It’s unfortunate because with the mod, it’s a nice handling aircraft. I think we are all waiting for a model with some systems depth. Maybe someday we will see Milviz or Flight1 redevelop their models for MSFS.

Couldn't agree more with you guys.

In addition to the Milviz 350, Flight1 could also amend their B200 to work in MSFS2020 but there seems to be no developer keen to take the plunge.

My guess is that the don't trust Asobo. They are releasing updates after updates, forcing payware developers to do the same. 

MSFS2020 is a great sim as far as visuals are concerned. All else is for kids who play for a while and then move on to other ventures.

Roland 

You sure?

If so they will have a buyer. Hope they will have it again equipped with their own PL21. I know it's not Milviz level but much much better than what we hat got with Asobo's KA. 

• Like 1