Sign in to follow this  
NeilC

Real world climb procedures

I normally fly with the Lo fuel default settings and about 8 passengers.

I use 97-99% takeoff power, and always come back to 97% for the initial climb.  Still, the FA50 accelerates like an F15, and then climbs at 4000+ fpm.  Is this similar in the real world?

Also, at higher altitudes, it then struggles to get above FL350 (even at light loads).

What takeoff procedure should I use.  Unless I pitch up to about 25 degrees and start retracting stuff really quickly, I struggle to keep the speed under control.

Thanks for any pointers

Neil 

beta.gif

9 hours ago, NeilC said:

I normally fly with the Lo fuel default settings and about 8 passengers.

I use 97-99% takeoff power, and always come back to 97% for the initial climb.  Still, the FA50 accelerates like an F15, and then climbs at 4000+ fpm.  Is this similar in the real world?

Also, at higher altitudes, it then struggles to get above FL350 (even at light loads).

What takeoff procedure should I use.  Unless I pitch up to about 25 degrees and start retracting stuff really quickly, I struggle to keep the speed under control.

Thanks for any pointers

Neil 

As an experiment I took off with full fuel and a payload of 350lbs, and climbed to 41,000ft which I think is the ceiling for the original Falcon50. At 40,000ft I was doing about 400ft/min at 190Kts IAS. This was in P3Dv5.3.

What version of the Falcon50 are you using, and in what sim?

Al

Edited by ark

After takeoff, maintain 97-99% without reducing, gear up, flaps up, control climb manually until reach 200kt. Turn on AP and IAS. Use HDG or NAV to fly your SID. This will keep the speed under 250kt with IAS until 10000ft. Then apply ALT and wait until she reaches near 250kt indicated. Apply IAS again and let it be. At 28000ft change IAS to MACH. You'll notice that power will be under 95%. Reapply it to reach 98%. You will comfortably reach 35000ft with a VS at 1000ft/min.

This way, you'll not have problems with high VS and the air density lowering as you climb.

Regards,

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg