Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

FSaeroData is closing

This service was pretty neat and I used it when Vertx DA62 addon was alive....it has the most potential but that is gone in my book for good

Though I did get errors with some Orbx Sceneries when using FSaerodata

Nonetheless, P3D loses here and I do hope someone acquires them and makes some good products for all of us.  I am sure part of it is due to people flocking to MSFS and I sincerely hope LM does some big "defense industrial magic" for P3Dv6 or with the next 5.xx series.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

3 hours ago, jlohrenz said:

Isn't it a competitor to navigraph?

Not really, navigraph provide an AIRAC nav database external to the sims built in hard copy, so you end up with mismatched data. FSaerodata updates the native nav database 

Anyhow at least https://www.aero.sors.fr/navint.html is still alive 

5 hours ago, jlohrenz said:

Isn't it a competitor to navigraph?

They would be the logical ones to take it over! Not much point in updating FMC's and

Simbrief with Navigraph if the Nav Aid data in the Sim is out of date.

Edited by Caveney737
  • Upvote 1

The freeware navdata updates by sors.aero might be the alternative you're looking for.

https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

6 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

The freeware navdata updates by sors.aero might be the alternative you're looking for.

https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Thanks for posting the link!! I remember now that I used to use this until FSAerodata came along

which was a bit less of a faff. Will definitely return to using it - thanks again.

Just now, Caveney737 said:

Thanks for posting the link!! I remember now that I used to use this until FSAerodata came along

which was a bit less of a faff. Will definitely return to using it - thanks again.

It does not update com frequencies nor approaches, but does update navaids and magnetic variation which is already not bad.

• Like 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.