Sign in to follow this  
Midcon113

Is AI chatter on the roadmap?

Hi Dave,

With AI traffic programs now coming out for MSFS, P2ATC's inability to talk to AI traffic is becoming more of a pronounced gap. P2ATC is far better than the default ATC, so to me it's coming down to a comparison between P2ATC and PF3. PF3 does talk to the AI traffic but doesn't handle the overall flight as well as I'd like. P2ATC handles the flight more correctly according to US rules (at least in my experience) but it gets awfully lonely up there even though I'm seeing traffic all over.

So, the question becomes is this something that is even under consideration to be added to P2ATC? While I don't mind pre-recorded ATC chatter, it's more immersive to have ATC really interacting with the traffic around me.

Love to hear your thoughts - thanks!

Mark

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mark Lam

I have the same question. I know an external app like P2ATC cannot control AI, but having it give at least plausible clearances and hear answers from AI would greatly increase the immersion of flying with P2ATC. 

PF3 does this, and it actually looks fairly good:

PF3 ground “controlling” MSFS AI aircraft

PF3 tower “controlling” AI in MSFS

But I hate PF3s robotic voices, an AFAIK you can’t use something like Amazon Polly voices on PF3, so I prefers P2ATC. But really hoping some form of AI chatter is included in a future update. 

Edited by Sleepy81
Link

This is on the long term roadmap for P2A but is a major development effort.  I have been working on it off and on and found many issues with making it plausible.  This is not something that is going to happen in the near term.

Dave

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

This is on the long term roadmap for P2A but is a major development effort.  I have been working on it off and on and found many issues with making it plausible.  This is not something that is going to happen in the near term.

Dave

Thanks Dave! Since making this post I've settled on P2A but I leave the default ATC voices turned up a little so that I hear the default AI interacting with the AI traffic. Not a terrible compromise. Keep up the great work!

Mark Lam

18 hours ago, Midcon113 said:

Thanks Dave! Since making this post I've settled on P2A but I leave the default ATC voices turned up a little so that I hear the default AI interacting with the AI traffic. Not a terrible compromise. Keep up the great work!

Hehe I actually started doing the same, as hearing some ATC for the AI really adds to the overall experience. Hopefully this will make it into P2A some day

Dirk

• Like 1