Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

ORBx Malmo Airport

Can anyone who owns the ORBx Malmo airport scenery for P3D let me know how much of the surrounding area is covered with high resolution photoscenery and autogen? It does not specifically state (or illustrate) this in ORBx Central.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'd say quite a lot. However there is not much autogen because there are not many buildings; it's a rural area. It does look good (= immersive) to me, but judge yourself:
spacer.png
https://ibb.co/31jQzcL

Edited by Fiorentoni

Some of the ORBX airports have this information in their user guides. For ESMS, you can see the full coverage on page 5:
https://orbx-user-guides.storage.googleapis.com/orbx-esms-user-guide-50255d.pdf

But you can't go wrong with Malmö or any product by Marcus Nyberg.

• Upvote 2

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks, Christoph. That is quite a nice size area. In fact, I was also thinking of getting Gothenburg Landvetter aswell, as that is also a Marcus Nyberg airport with a decent size extended coverage area. Can you tell me if Malmo airport has any stands for large planes like my PMDG 777F?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Can you tell me if Malmo airport has any stands for large planes like my PMDG 777F?

In the sim, there are 9 CARGO ramps. I can't tell you if your 777 fits, as I don't use PMDG.
But the biggest plane I operate, A321, leaves a lot of free space when loaded there, so I am 99% postivie you can park there.

In reality, Malmo has seen some big birds too:
Premiren-fr-kryssingsarrangren-Pullmantu

• Like 1

I am tempted to get both of those airports in the Christmas sale. I have been checking out the airlines that visit both airports, and have started the process of updating my AI flightplans. I do this manually, so it takes a bit of time :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

50 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I am tempted to get both of those airports in the Christmas sale. I have been checking out the airlines that visit both airports, and have started the process of updating my AI flightplans. I do this manually, so it takes a bit of time :wink:

ESMS and ESGG are both excellent in P3D. I have both for MSFS as well.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Purchased both airports, but the download speed is a joke at the moment. It is currently fluttering between 300 and 400K per second, but it was down to just 20K per second at one point!! :blink: My connection is good for 8.5MB per second. Is the entire internet community buying ORBx stuff this evening? :huh:

EDIT: It is down to 20K per second again. Absolutely pathetic.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png