Sign in to follow this  
rmeier

Air Canada Cargo

So what do you do when you have an excess inventory of retired B767 aircraft?

During the 2020 Covid-19 Pandemic, Air Canada (as well as Air Canada Rouge) retired their B767 fleets.

In 2021, Air Canada announced they would be entering the lucrative Cargo business with 8 retired B767's.

This particular airframe is the first of 8 planned ERBDSF conversions for the new Air Canada Cargo.

This particular airframe was completed as a cargo (ERBDSF) conversion and delivered to Toronto from Ben Gurion on December 5th, 2021.

This particular airframe was actually expidited into commencial service due to the British Columbia floods that started on November 15. 2021 and provided Disaster Relief when the two main transportation arteries into Vancouver and the Lower Mainland (the Hope - Princeton Hwy and the CoquiHalla Hwy) became washed out during this record flood event).

Due to the expedited service date, this particular airframe was not painted into the new Air Canada "bandit" livery, but, retained the earlier Ice Blue livery that was it's last visit to the paint booth.

This particular airframe was actually acquired by Air Canada through the Canadian Airlines acquisition in 2001 (hence the CA registraion).

It carried various colours during it's life:

The original Canadian Airlines livery:

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/672467/c-fpca-canadian-airlines-international-boeing-767-375er

The hybrid Canadian/Air Canada livery:

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10414306

As well as this current livery. Eventually, it will be painted into the new "bandit" livery incorporated since 2017.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10419401

Personally, I haven't grown accustomed to the new bandit livery...I still really like this older ice blue (toothpaste) livery.

Hope you enjoy the photos!

Happy New Year!

kqyWzST.jpg

V3WoAOv.jpg

cOiYZDB.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rmeier said:

Personally, I haven't grown accustomed to the new bandit livery...I still really like this older ice blue (toothpaste) livery.

Just one question...is that Colgate or Crest?  Nice-looking paint! 

I'm with you on this!  Aside from the classic red-stripe livery, toothpaste is very nice...a unique color scheme that grows on you after a while.  The Bandit livery...well....I enjoyed the cartoon dog it was named after more than the livery TBH. 🙂  And I really don't like black as a dominant color scheme choice (Sorry ANZ).

I hope the bandit mask on the nose (if/when you paint it) won't give you much trouble.  If it does let me know and I may be able to help. 😉

Oh, and I only got the base 767 on the sale, not "freighter" model, and no CF engines...do you know if I can blank out ALL the windows on the pax model?  I saw the 4th texture map and the little diagram to blank normal pax windows, but don't know if you can blank them all (and paint in a cargo door in case I want to paint some fake freighters)

Happy New Year Ron and .... "Just keep swimming (paining)"  Hehe....if you've watched Finding Nemo, you now have the song stuck in your brain! 🤣

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Happy New Year Steve!

I think it's Colgate! LOL

Not likely that I'll do the bandit livery...this repaint was an easy one to do since I already had the tail...just a little work to get the 3D effect on the banner and logo. The guy on the CS forum that was requesting the Air Canada Cargo livery has since started making the bandit livery one...I figured for sure that someone at VACanada would pick it up.

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I saw the 4th texture map and the little diagram to blank normal pax windows, but don't know if you can blank them all (and paint in a cargo door in case I want to paint some fake freighters)

CS doesn't use the alpha layer like other modelers do for window blanks...I tried (unsuccessfully) to blank out the windows before I purchased the freighter...and for the record, they're all fake freighters with a painted on door!!!

Thanks for the comment...and cementing that song...

When I did my original post, I forgot to include the time lapse video I found of the ERBDSF conversion...pretty cool.

• Like 1

Toothpaste, Bandit....Oh well....

Ice Blue Toothpaste...sounds like a good commercial for it, if not used already...🙂...

(Pupil giving tips to the master.... I like that....🙂....)...

13 hours ago, rmeier said:

In 2021, Air Canada announced they would be entering the lucrative Cargo business with 8 retired B767's.

True, many international (dual pax/cargo mode) airlines, during these times, are focusing more on cargo operations...nice conversion video, btw,...I could not help thinking about those Alaska Airlines QC/Quick Change 737 Combis, though in much smaller scale...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P_7878 said:

(Pupil giving tips to the master.... I like that....🙂....)...

Too funny!!! Thanks for the chuckle! 

• Like 1