Sign in to follow this  
FGrabi

Add "new" airlines

Hello Dave,

I was looking for a way to add "new" airlines to p2atc. As an example I would like to add ICAO: ITY, Name: ITA Airways, Callsign: ITARROW, Country: Italy

How to add this Airline, so that I am able to use it in p2atc and taximnt (assigning gates)

Thanx

Frank

• Like 1

Adding to the Airlines.csv file would be the correct way to do it now.  

You can open it in a spreadsheet application like Excel or any text editor.  The TRUE/FALSE column at the end is the Favorites column.  So make it true to add the airline as a favorite.

Dave

• Like 1

Hi,

thanks for your response. I tried to add the airline(s) ITY and EJU (easy Europe-Austria) in the Airlines.csv with Excel. During startup of p2atc it produces an Database Error: "Unable to initialize Database. Index was outside the bounds of the arry".

Restoring the csv (made a backup before Excel Edit) and p2atc starts as usual. Editing the csv with an editor (notepad) was succesfull - p2atc starts normal and both new airlines are available in config (callsign) and taximnt.

Problem solved! Thank you

@Dave-Pilot2ATCI have another question for you:

I use simbrief and navigraph charts for initial flightplanning. I did not use SID and STAR during the planing because I like the idea, that p2atc will assign the departure and arrival procedures (and runways probably based on weather). I import the flightplan (rwy - route - rwy) from navigraph (export - copy to clipboard) without SIDs and STARs/Approaches. After connecting to MSFS the plan will be filled and p2atc assigns a SID for the runway (sometimes p2atc changes the rwy because of ATIS) and adds the SID direct into the Filed FP. After clearance I edit in the MCDU (FBW) the Departure with the given information from p2atc. Thats fine and works perfect!

But whats about the "timing" for the STAR and approach information from p2atc? Mostly I receive these infos ("expect the XYZ with the XXX Transition for ILS...") near the TOD waypoint. My questions:

• Is it possible to adjust the time for the announcment, for instance 5min in front of TOD waypoint so that there will be time to recompute the MCDU and crosscheck the routing and constraints?
  • When p2atc assigns the STAR and APPR for the destination, I need to add these in the p2atc plan "by hand" and rerun Validate and File. Would be nice, if theses Infos will be automaticly added and filed like it does with the SID? Maybe for the next Beta? 😉

Hope you can understand my broken english

Frank

The arrival assignment is given about 4 minutes before TOD, or before the first STAR waypoint if the TOD is after that waypoint.

You don't have to change the P2A flight plan because P2A has it's own copy for ATC that is not visible.  But, if you want to follow on the moving map, you can change and validate it.  Just don't File it again.  That can mess things up.

The important thing is to add/change the arrival procedures in your MCDU.  Then, after you've got that all set up, you can change P2A at your leisure.

Dave