Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FBWA320 Experimental or Dev Build?

I've been using the dev build, and was wondering if the experimental version would be better since it includes everything that the dev version plus the addition of the updated LNAV+TCAS?

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Experimental is awesome. No crashes or problems for me. It has the TCAS and better frame rates, at least on my machine. Highly recommended!

• Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

At the moment TCAS doesnt work fully on AIG injected aircraft if your using them 

Flood lights didn't work in VR for me last time I checked in experimental version

Edited by Noooch

2 hours ago, FSUK_86 said:

At the moment TCAS doesnt work fully on AIG injected aircraft if your using them 

It doesn't work with AIG offline traffic, as with any offline traffic (same with Simple Traffic). It works with live traffic (AIG and Simple Traffic). The reason for this is, that MSFS doesn't provide any offline traffic data for us to use.

Edited by Watsi
  • Like 3

FlyByWire Simulations

9 hours ago, Watsi said:

It doesn't work with AIG offline traffic, as with any offline traffic (same with Simple Traffic). It works with live traffic (AIG and Simple Traffic). The reason for this is, that MSFS doesn't provide any offline traffic data for us to use.

Does it work with PSXT/Realtraffic?

Edited by RALF9636

9 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Does it work with PSXT/Realtraffic?

Yes, it does!

• Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Still no answer to my question. Does experimental build contain everything from the dev build and more?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

53 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Still no answer to my question. Does experimental build contain everything from the dev build and more?

Generally speaking, yes. But not always. 😉

The experimental version contains new features that are being worked on, or existing features that are being updated with new stuff. Eventually, those items will be integrated into the development version. At the same time, in the development version, existing features are being updated with minor fixes and enhancements. Every now and than, any changes made to the development version that are not part of the new work being done in the experimental version, will be integrated into the experimental version.

At least, that is how I understand it.

...jim

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.