Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexitobites

Getting TileProxy to work.

Could someone please add their WORKING INF file as a plain text atachment - attached to your post. Some people are saying it does not work if you copy and paste over the internet. It would be much appreciated as i can not get TileProxy to work with code provided on this thread. Thanks!

I got it to work! The location I was trying to fly in would not load the tiles. I then tryed a different place and it worked. Some locations fail to load so just pick different places until you find one that works! My INF file is attached for anyone looking for one, you must copy and paste the text from my INF file into your INF File. On my INF file I did the G??gle thing because everyone else was doing it, so you must correct the three mistakes before using it. Also you need the "cache.tiles" folder in the "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XTileProxy" Folder. Good Luck. It's Awesome once you get it working!!!

Guest steve34

Hi, first of all congratulations and thankyou to Christian for such an innovative idea and for his hard work to this program. My end result though is basically garbled/cross-hatched textures in the sim.I can see that the program is kind of working as these are sometimes repeated g...le textures. Here is an outline of what i've tried and error messages.-tried a number of different areas.-disabled any antivirus and other similar programs.-let the tiles load for half a day.(not exaggerating here)-numerous checks and tried changes to the ini file.-I have the "no further than 30% loading problem" as per some others.-get the "fetching textures ...failed! error message.-also get a timeout reached error message( i suspect this is the problem)Any help or suggestions to correct this would be greatly appreciated

Guest christian

Didn't fix it for me :(

Guest steve34

Hi, first of all congratulations and thankyou to Christian for such an innovative idea and for his hard work to this program. My end result though is basically garbled/cross-hatched textures in the sim.I can see that the program is kind of working as these are sometimes repeated g...le textures. Here is an outline of what i've tried and error messages.-tried a number of different areas.-disabled any antivirus and other similar programs.-let the tiles load for half a day.(not exaggerating here)-numerous checks and tried changes to the ini file.-I have the "no further than 30% loading problem" as per some others.-get the "fetching textures ...failed! error message.-also get a timeout reached error message( i suspect this is the problem)Any help or suggestions to correct this would be greatly appreciated

Guest cbuchner1

Some people with slow network connections ( 1 MBit/s or slower) would see a lot of timeouts and "...giving up" messages.Have you tried both map services? Sometimes the G.... service puts you on a blacklist temporarily. What you get is "redirect" messages and retries, until the program gives up.If you really can't get it to work, I'd recommend uninstalling it (it's a new feature of the Beta 2) and to try again in a few weeks or months.

For those of you unable to get TP working in XP, do you have more than 2Gb RAM installed? I know I have problems with high autogen settings on my XP 4Gb RAM system.I have TP working fine on my 1Gb RAM system but for a friend who has 4Gb installed, it stops at 30% loading scenery.Just a thought.George

Hi all,I recently discovered that land class and photoreal files compiled with the FS9 resample tools will clash with FSX photoreal files if they occupy the same area (i.e., LOD5/QMID7 cell). In those cases FSX loads to 30% and will crash with an FSX.exe error.Maybe that's the same issue here? Does TileProxy use the FS9 resample.exe? Those who experience the 30% crash error might want to check whether they happen in areas for which they also have FSX photoreal add-ons (FSX comes with a few of its own: Las Vegas, Rio, and St. Maarten are the ones I know of).Perhaps it's not the same issue but the 30% value seems unlikely to be a coincidence.Cheers, Holger