Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

EZCA hassles after upgrade to P3D5.3

Following an upgrade of P3D from 5.2 to 5.3 after simulator load I get an EZCA error message "Sound buffer cannot be made" and the various EZCA options windows are inoperable.  Whenever I click on a camera in the main screen I get the same "Sound buffer cannot be made" error. Repeated full uninstalls and reinstalls of the latest version have failed to correct the problem.  EZCA was working without issues on P3D5.2 and it continues to work normally in P3D4.5 .  I mentioned this matter as an aside in a previous post but the problem persists and after several days I have had no response from the EZCA  ticket support system or in the EZCA support forum.  Any assistance appreciated.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi there, I have EZCA  latest version (3.2.0.3) running just fine in P3D 5.3. Did you run the config tool? Also it is recommended to run EZsc loader located in the EZCA 3.1 folder after updating. That info is on the EZDOCK web site under downloads. Hope this helps.

Frank

Frank Ryan

Thanks but did all that numerous times didn't fix the problem.  I guess it is some oddity with my system.  Have been an EZCA user for many years and things have always worked but this has me stumped.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Is the last  Version EZCA 3.2.0.3 working in HF2

Thanks

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

On 1/20/2022 at 10:39 AM, brucewtb said:

Following an upgrade of P3D from 5.2 to 5.3 after simulator load I get an EZCA error message "Sound buffer cannot be made" and the various EZCA options windows are inoperable.  Whenever I click on a camera in the main screen I get the same "Sound buffer cannot be made" error. Repeated full uninstalls and reinstalls of the latest version have failed to correct the problem.  EZCA was working without issues on P3D5.2 and it continues to work normally in P3D4.5 .  I mentioned this matter as an aside in a previous post but the problem persists and after several days I have had no response from the EZCA  ticket support system or in the EZCA support forum.  Any assistance appreciated.

Bruce

Well it looks like I am not going to get very far with this EZCA hassle.  I found one very old post that seemed to describe the same issue with EZCA but no fix.  A week now and not a peep out of EZCA support.  I guess I could try a complete reinstall of P3D but not very keen on all that hassle as I have mostly moved on to MS2020.  I could also try Chaseplane but that would mean throwing more money at P3D and unclear if I could set it up so it mirrors my camera setup in MS2020 (and with EZCA in P3D4) where my custom camera views are all mapped to the same controller buttons. Makes moving between simulators much easier.  All very odd as it is hard to fathom how a sound issue could impact the running of EZCA.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

That's too bad, not that it helps but I've updated to HF2 and EZCA is working fine.

Frank

Frank Ryan

Same here, also on HF 2. works well

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Im with Bruce,   cant get it to work after i updated to HF2.      Ive read around a problem related to simmconnect, win10 and win 11.      Ive tried all kind of things, now i pray for god´s hand to make it work, or wait for F1 to update the EZCA. 😅

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Ok bruce,

I did unistalled EZCA, reinstalled ground up and used EZCA 3.2.0.3.  See the official site.

It is working.   Not sure if everything ok, feels rough and slow(may be got to config everything again), but is working so far....    

Still looking for that update.... 🍻

Happy Flying!

Edited by Raphael_Chacon

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

I know this isn’t directly helpful but I’ve had no issues with HF2, Windows 11, and the latest version of EZCA, everything is smoother that it’s ever been for me; in fact I’ve thus far had no freezes or CTD as I would occasionally have before when rapidly switching views. I’m not saying that people who are having issues aren’t having issues only that maybe it’s related to how the program is interacting with some particular addon or background process. 

• Like 1

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

On 1/25/2022 at 8:00 AM, Raphael_Chacon said:

Ok bruce,

I did unistalled EZCA, reinstalled ground up and used EZCA 3.2.0.3.  See the official site.

It is working.   Not sure if everything ok, feels rough and slow(may be got to config everything again), but is working so far....    

Still looking for that update.... 🍻

Happy Flying!

Thanks but a fresh install from the F1 purchase agent plus EZCA 3.2.0.3 didn't help.  Maybe it depends on the particular win 10 version you have installed.  I have yet to install the latest hotfix so I may do another Client, Content and  Scenery uninstall and a reinstall from the full exe and try another reinstall of EZCA.  One other matter, is official EZCA support still a thing?  Are they actually still around?  It has been over a week since I submitted a ticket but no response.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Well I am pleased to report that it seems I have finally solved this EZCA riddle.  What I did (and I should have tried this much sooner) was to use the MSConfig utility to initially disable all non Microsoft startup services which resulted in EZCA running normally but introduced a PMDG licensing error.  I then was more selective in what services to disable choosing only the more likely suspects and now have EZCA running normally and no PMDG licensing errors.  So thank you again to all who have contributed to this thread.

Bruce

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bruce Bartlett

Good idea. I should do the same with msconfig and disable unnecessary services in troubleshooting a problem I have related to exe.xml not working. Thanks for circling around with the solution.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1