Sign in to follow this  
Hans Hartvelt

Can I influence Ground for assigning a parking place?

Hello John,

My third test flight. OEPS, an unwanted aircraft at my gate 44 again. This time it's a Transavia aircraft. There are no parking places for Transavia at LEPA (strange, this Dutch airline flies a lot to LEPA).

Time to study this airport in detail. I have downloaded AI aircraft of 111 airline companies. For only 19 of them are parking places at LEPA. So for 92 of them there are no parking places. Most of them will never visit LEPA. It's a lot of work to create parking places for these 92 airlines. Question 1: Can VoxATC place aircrafts of these companies at LEPA anyhow?
Question 2: Does VoxATC make use of the flightplans of airlines to know which airlines make use of which airports?

At LEPA there are parking places for 39 airlines which are not a part of my AI inventory. Most of them are small, regional airlines. 20 of them aren't even operational anymore.

So I think that in theory it is possible to assign a dedicated parking place to my aircraft, but in practice it's not workable. What do you think?

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

Hans

As best I observe .....

7 hours ago, Hans Hartvelt said:

Question 1: Can VoxATC place aircrafts of these companies at LEPA anyhow?

Only those that are scheduled to do so in your AI Inventory's flightpans (bgl's) and then only if they are spawned on the ground (departing sooner or later) / there is an appropriately coded park available (if there is no coded park, it will not be spawned).

Approaching AI spawned whilst airborne will do the same except that if there is no coded park available, they will as you have seen be assigned a vacant coded spot of another code (including the discrete user's) but not an un-coded park.

Question 2: Does VoxATC make use of the flightplans of airlines to know which airlines make use of which airports?

Yes ...the indexer compiles *.dat files in the user folder to do so. It is in most ways what you will see with AIC's Ananlyser etc.

What do you think?

I recommend you use AIC to give a much better appreciation of what may or may not be needed in your afcad to match your AI Inventory (& probably delete coding for AI not using the airport for whatever) ...... if just to make it look more "real"

You might also find better / updated afcads than the developer's at AIG to compare with your efforts.

for now, cheers

john martin

John, thank you again for this very useful info!!!

I downloaded and installed AIC.... and a new world opened for me! It took some time to find out how it works, but now I can use the analyzer. I saw that in week 31-01 till 06-02 2022 LEPA has been used by 34 airlines. For just 13 of them a parking place is available. So I have to create additional parking places for 21 airlines (and delete parking codes for airlines that doesn't use LEPA at all). All 34 airlines are in my AI inventory. It's a lot of work, but because this adds totally new dimensions to flight simulation (and since I'm retired I have plenty of time 😊), I will do it with joy.

I searched the AI forum for LEPA AFCADS, but they are rather old. So I will refresh the existing one.

Edited by Hans Hartvelt
text
  • Like 1

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

Hurrah!!!! VoxATC directed me to Gate 44. I'm a happy captain. 😊

John, thanks a lot for you fulfilling my wish for a dedicated parking place and learning me to work with two new programs: ADE and AIC.

• Like 1

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

3 hours ago, Hans Hartvelt said:

Hurrah!!!! VoxATC directed me to Gate 44. I'm a happy captain

& thank you for the opportunity to help one enjoy this hidden feature ...... and now you can "fix" all your airports.

for now, cheers

john martin

Dear Hans, have you ever solved your problem? I think you do everything right, but the procedure simply doesn't work anymore in the current version by just another program bug that was introduced in the latest version.