Sign in to follow this  
johnbow72

Fun Places to fly in the USA and Canada

I checked out Illinois. My idea of fun is about as far away from Mt. Vernon as possible. The little air museum at Aurora might qualify though. How about southern Illinois, dotted with lakes between the forested foothills of the Ozark Mountain range, and even an actual mountain (technically) with an enormous white cross on top of it, which is pretty cool aside from any religious implications (this is southern Illinois, after all). The confluence of the blue Ohio with the muddy Mississippi at Cairo is well-defined and lots of fun--Cairo itself, not so much, although let's throw in Shemwell's BBQ if you land at the local airport. I suppose the kid I represented who busted out as many lights as he could thought it was fun at the time. The Illinois side across from St. Louis probably has more "fun" per square mile than HBO's Deadwood, with a higher body count, but only someone from the northern half of the state would consider that southern Illinois. Brought to you by the Southern Illinois Tourism and Vice Bureau.

I highly recommend the aviation museum in Kansas City for midwest fun. Cozy, but packed with airline memorabilia with a Connie that used to be (and may once again) be airworthy and a static L1011, and a DC-3. Good BBQ there, too.

• Like 1

I don't think they said those were the ONLY places...just suggestions.

• Like 1

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado