Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Repaints Not Showing

I'm sure this is finger trouble at my end, but for some reason, whenever I drop a repaint into the community folder (Addon Linker) none of them show up in the livery selection page of the aircraft. Any advice appreciated.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

What's up Howard?

Bad_T's Add-on Linker, the best add-on since sliced bread, creates shortcuts from your community folder.

Check and ensure that the links lead you to where you keep the liveries. Also make sure that all your liveries are up to date to avoid CTDs.

You can also disable all links and test only the livery by manually dropping them into the community folder.

Best regards.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

I'm sure this is finger trouble at my end, but for some reason, whenever I drop a repaint into the community folder (Addon Linker) none of them show up in the livery selection page of the aircraft. Any advice appreciated.

What plane and can you link the file so maybe we can check it?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

47 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

What plane and can you link the file so maybe we can check it?

Hi Ryan, hmm, sure, it seems to be three... the default 152, the JF Arrow and the Kodiak. I haven't tried any more. So I'm only guessing, not a file issue, but something more MSFS specific?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Do you have a link to the repaints so I can either try myself or look at the file structure?

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Hi Ryan, hmm, sure, it seems to be three... the default 152, the JF Arrow and the Kodiak. I haven't tried any more. So I'm only guessing, not a file issue, but something more MSFS specific?

Very strange, Howard. I also use the Addons linker and for the planes you mentioned (except for the Arrow, which i don't have), all my selected paints show up in the game.

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I hardly dare say this...but have you actually enabled them in Addon Linker? You know, the green dot as opposed to the red one. 🙂

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

10 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

the default 152, the JF Arrow and the Kodiak

Well for just one of those, the Kodiak model has several variants and at least some of the addon liveries only apply to one or two of them.  You have "gear" and "tundra".  For each of those you have cargo pod (CP) and no cargo pod.  Then for all four of those each has four interior variants.  So what is that? Sixteen variants?

Case in point are the two Caribbean liveries available at TO.  I believe each separately applies to only one of the Kodiaks. 

I doubt that is your overall issue, but it could be what is happening with your Kodiak.  I had to ad hoc search/select/sift to find where they were and finally messaged the livery author.

Also, even though I faithfully use Addons LInker, I make sure the addon folders I point the linker to are as shallow as possible on their resident drive.  As close to the root directory as I can place that nest of folders.  A shortcut points to a folder and perhaps its path. Just conscious of that as the issues I faced before Addons Linker was an incredibly long path to the Microsoft Store default installation and the additional path lengths created by the depth to the deepest folders of the addons in that distant Community folder.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 1/25/2022 at 5:21 PM, ryanbatcund said:

Do you have a link to the repaints so I can either try myself or look at the file structure?

That's good of you Ryan, thanks. This is a link to the Kodiak repaints that is said to be update 7 compatible.  https://flightsim.to/file/25036/daher-kodiak-100-skytrek   I have tried several ways of installing the liveries. I simply unzipped the file and dropped it into a folder called Repaints that resides inside my Addon Linker folder. The symbolic link appears in the community folder.

21 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I hardly dare say this...but have you actually enabled them in Addon Linker? You know, the green dot as opposed to the red one. 🙂

Yup Ron!

Howard

Pretty much what Frank said. I downloaded the link you provided and after trying several combinations couldn't get it to show. Frankly, there are so many paints already that come with the Kodiak I don't feel the need for more.

Oh, the enabling thing. I've done it more times than I can count, installing an add on and not enabling it. 😏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

Frankly, there are so many paints already that come with the Kodiak I don't feel the need for more.

About a week ago I posted an explanation about how to narrow down the livery selections for the Kodiak, and the method applies to other aircraft models as well.  It is a bid down into this topic and you must open the hidden contents window to read about the method.  https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/613748-kodiak-100-liveries-thinning-the-herd/?tab=comments#comment-4708087

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 1/29/2022 at 1:18 AM, Ron Attwood said:

Pretty much what Frank said. I downloaded the link you provided and after trying several combinations couldn't get it to show. Frankly, there are so many paints already that come with the Kodiak I don't feel the need for more.

Oh, the enabling thing. I've done it more times than I can count, installing an add on and not enabling it. 😏

Ah, well at least it's not me Ron. Sure, there are enough repaints and to be honest, really nice ones too. But there are other aircraft like the Arrow that doesn't IMO have so many nice liveries. I will check that aircraft out again. 

On 1/29/2022 at 2:55 AM, fppilot said:

About a week ago I posted an explanation about how to narrow down the livery selections for the Kodiak, and the method applies to other aircraft models as well.  It is a bid down into this topic and you must open the hidden contents window to read about the method.  https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/613748-kodiak-100-liveries-thinning-the-herd/?tab=comments#comment-4708087

This is very relevent, as I was only thinking the other day of doing just this, so thanks for the link. :wink:

• Like 1

Howard

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

But there are other aircraft like the Arrow that doesn't IMO have so many nice liveries. I will check that aircraft out again. 

You haven't seem my Arrows? 😲

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

You haven't seem my Arrows? 😲

Hee hee Ron, no, I meant there are not many inspiring liveries in MSFS! I know your liveries are excellent :wink: I will try and install one of your's 

Howard

40 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I will try and install one of yours

Try? One? Keep digging mate!