Sign in to follow this  
noels7

Another no airport/runway detected problem

Just purchased RAAS for MSFS. Started MSFS at YPAD RWY23 with RAAS also auto started (Ver 1.2.3). Ensured that

power button on (green). Nothing but warning (in red) no airport/runway detected.

Am I missing the obvious.

Encrypted" MSFS airports question can you define?  Are they included as Asabo default and freeware airports from Flightsim.to

which have to be entered and saved  in RAAS  before RAAS will advise aircraft for example on runway at YPAD?

Any advice/assistance would be appreciated when time permits.

noels7

Noel Southam

Noel Southam

Hi Noel,

Generally, the encrypted airports are:  Marketplace payware (not freeware), and the specially enhanced airports that come with the Premium/Deluxe version of MSFS.  Asobo doesn't want people pirating those airports I guess.

RAAS has an airport search tool so you can see what what data it can read for a specific airport.

Please check that out.

Maybe your YPAD is marketplace payware and therefore encrypted?

To test that it's not some other problem, use the runway search tool or physically test a known default airport.  We like to use RKPC as a test airport, but you can use any other little default airport.

Also, if YPAD is indeed encrypted, RAAS has a "runway profile" builder option that allows users to manually define runways when we can't read them.  This is how we get around the encryption problem.

People are already sharing their profiles here:

https://flightsim.to/c/third-party/fs2crew-raas-profiles/

Edited by byork

Thanks for your detailed explanations Bryan.  Appreciated.

Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me to get all the airports RAAS compatible.

noels7

Noel Southam

Edited by noels7

Noel Southam

Hi Bryan

What have you done? I updated RAAS  via Production Manager this morning.

I never use Market Place to purchase Airport software. Free airports only from Flightsim.to, Paid from Orbx, NZAASimulations, axonos, Flightbeam, ,FlyTampa, Fsdreamteam, impulsesimulations (YPAD).

On starting MSFS now  all my airports are advising via RAAS that aircraft is on selected runway. RAAS is operating as expected. Auto start was never a problem for me.

My commercial airports in Community folder are: ESSA,YMHB,YMML, YPPH, NZAA, KDEN, KLAS, YSSY,CYVR, YPAD, YBBN.

Naturally (I believe) there are no airports in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew MSFS RAASPRO\Airports.

Could you explain what has happened to get(in my case) what changed with your update.

Regards

noels7

Noel Southam

Noel Southam

Hi Noel,

If auto start was selected in RAAS, it introduced a bug involving airport reading.

That was fixed in the update released yesterday.

That's why it's working for you now after you updated.

Edited by byork