Sign in to follow this  
AOB

Grumpy Comment

I may be a grouchy old lady, I may be grumpy, but I will never be a grumpy old man...

Just don't have the plumbing for it, unless one of you fellows has a spare set of twig and berries...

My first computer was a Timex Sinclair 2600.  It ran on basic, with cassette tape storage.

LOL

Sue

Edited by Penzoil3

4 hours ago, Penzoil3 said:

I may be a grouchy old lady, I may be grumpy, but I will never be a grumpy old man...

Just don't have the plumbing for it, unless one of you fellows has a spare set of twig and berries...

My first computer was a Timex Sinclair 2600.  It ran on basic, with cassette tape storage.

LOL

Sue

The cassette tape. Bane of my teen gaming years when my favourite game was "Silent Service" (a WW2 sub sim) on the Commodore 64. Loading the game from the tape was hit and miss (at least 66% miss) and it took ages. In addition, if you got killed you had to reload the game all over again.  The flip-side of this was a boost in realism as every depth charge explosion made you cringe at the thought of having to reload the bloody thing again... 😁

Those were the days when most of your mates had computers but they were completely incompatible but it didn't matter that much because you couldn't network them anyway. And your "monitor" was the television.

Disclaimer: The above is not said in grumpy old guy know-it-all kind of way but just a reflection on how far we've come. It's easy to forget.