Sign in to follow this  
blaunarwal

Adjusting older 3rd party airports for P3Dv5

Thanks Dan.

Great tutorial for starters like me. Took my first babysteps and adjusted S05 (part of orbx pnw) to p3dv5. It looks much better now (no more floating runway signs and I also placed a windsock which is there in real life). As I said very simple but I have appetite for more. Thans again.

Is it permitted to upload the improved .bgl to the avsim file library or do I break copyright laws when I do that. How does that work? In fact it is a modified orbx file.

Rein

16 hours ago, Rein2 said:

Is it permitted to upload the improved .bgl to the avsim file library or do I break copyright laws when I do that. How does that work? In fact it is a modified orbx file.

Thanks Rein, glad to hear, it was comprehensible for you.

Three post before, Kevin Firth wrote about this copyright problem. Myself, I regard the afcad which is used by the company selling the airport as already a copy of the default Lockheed Martin afcad. Of course they could say, they started from scratch, but you could claim the same. A certain resemblance of the files should always be since it serves the same purpose. I once asked Aerosoft and they gave me permission to publish on their website. As Kevin says. sometimes there is so much work put into an afcad, it is solely your work then. I also assume, with the afcad alone, you can't use the scenery. So you don't give away somebody's product for free.

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Thanks Dan. Missed the post from Kevin. You're right it's only the afcad. Without the whole product from orbx it's pretty useless. 

Rein

There are these dark figures in this scenery that I would like to remove; it looks like the textures for them are missing hence the dark

silhouettes. Would appreciate info on how to remove them. Thanks.

Edit: Some other sceneries use the People_3d_Lib.bgl  file in the scenery folder while using textures to complement the figures.

This scenery doesn't appear to of implemented the 3d_lib bgl file or textures. So I am a bit flummoxed as to how this scenery is populated

with so many dark people figures.  .

spacer.png 

Edited by Butch1

I decided to try this airport scenery in P3D V4.5 and much to my surprise, all of the people silhouette textures are now populated,  I would still like to know how I can remove all of those people in this airport scenery. The picture above ^ with the dark silhouettes is in P3D V5.3 HF2.

spacer.png

Edited by Butch1

On 7/12/2022 at 10:12 AM, Butch1 said:

I decided to try this airport scenery in P3D V4.5 and much to my surprise, all of the people silhouette textures are now populated,  I would still like to know how I can remove all of those people in this airport scenery. The picture above ^ with the dark silhouettes is in P3D V5.3 HF2.

spacer.png

I've managed to remove ALL those people and with changes at real airport, I've relocated the A7 along side another ex gate guard (A5) and have re located them.

Edited by Butch1

So guys, i need some help. I followed the method and instructions, line for line, but i still cant get the airport fixed.

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=217471
i will drop this scenery here. I have tried to convert it but the best i got it was to the level in the following images.

Its the best Kigali airport ive found out there, considering orientalsim dont have their products up anymore...
If anyone could try and make this airport work in v5 i will be extremely grateful.

image.pngimage.png

On 7/4/2023 at 10:33 PM, NATORDEN said:

Its the best Kigali airport ive found out there, considering orientalsim dont have their products up anymore..

Will have a lock at it later cause I'm away for another week. Not sure if I have this airport. Dan

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

7 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

Will have a lock at it later cause I'm away for another week. Not sure if I have this airport. Dan

Let me provide it to you. 

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=p3dscen&DLID=217338
https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=p3dscen&DLID=217471

There are 2 versions. The second is to update the first. 

I did get somewhere with the flatten...but its a bit buggy
In minute 0:51, you can see the texture of one runway section dissapear. Additionally, you can spot borders for each tile when taxing/moving

On 1/27/2023 at 7:20 AM, Butch1 said:

I've managed to remove ALL those people and with changes at real airport, I've relocated the A7 along side another ex gate guard (A5) and have re located them.

Nailed it!!! I suspect  blaunarwal will of took note of this. No peeps at the admin building like before. They are all gone!

spacer.png

Edited by Butch1

On 7/8/2023 at 8:40 PM, NATORDEN said:

So I got this scenery. Firstly, apart from the AFLT lighting the second does not much differ. Same number of files but some are reworked.

What I first saw, there are two AFCADS, which is never good. HRYR_ADEP4_DL_Purged_P3Dv4.bgl and HRYR_ADEP4_DL.bgl. Looked at both, they looked the same, same size and look in ADE. I decided to rework HRYR_ADEP4_DL.bgl. To replace make sure to rename both the extension to .off or delete them.

I adjusted the height to P3D5 default height 4882.999 ft, then went into raw mode and set to not create a stub and changed revised altitude to false, since in P3D5 this is the correct altitude.

I exchanged all exclude rectangles, cause some mini rectangles sometimes don't work. So if there's the possibility I have overseen a default object somewhere.

Now the CVX is from the old altitude and we can not edit it. So delete or rename the extension to .off. I decided to not create a new flatten, since the default airport has one. That's all. It seems to work fine. I didn't see the runway dissappear but I did not extensive testing. I also made turning paths on the runways. I also had to move the bus and some people to another parking. Hope it's not disturbing traffic. I also removed one static jet, since it was on a parking used by ai.

FtxeH2H.jpg

Here's the link to my files. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YfWpi5OrV8xWJauoC3NuM_wko3V7m7lh/view?usp=drive_link

Looking forward to hear, how you get along. Cool airport, thanks for sharing this. Now I have to get this nice Kenia Airways paint from your video. 🙂

Dan

Edited by blaunarwal
New pic
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

So I got this scenery. Firstly, apart from the AFLT lighting the second does not much differ. Same number of files but some are reworked.

What I first saw, there are two AFCADS, which is never good. HRYR_ADEP4_DL_Purged_P3Dv4.bgl and HRYR_ADEP4_DL.bgl. Looked at both, they looked the same, same size and look in ADE. I decided to rework HRYR_ADEP4_DL.bgl. To replace make sure to rename both the extension to .off or delete them.

I adjusted the height to P3D5 default height 4882.999 ft, then went into raw mode and set to not create a stub and changed revised altitude to false, since in P3D5 this is the correct altitude.

I exchanged all exclude rectangles, cause some mini rectangles sometimes don't work. So if there's the possibility I have overseen a default object somewhere.

Now the CVX is from the old altitude and we can not edit it. So delete or rename the extension to .off. I decided to not create a new flatten, since the default airport has one. That's all. It seems to work fine. I didn't see the runway dissappear but I did not extensive testing. I also made turning paths on the runways. I also had to move the bus and some people to another parking. Hope it's not disturbing traffic. I also removed one static jet, since it was on a parking used by ai.

FtxeH2H.jpg

Here's the link to my files. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YfWpi5OrV8xWJauoC3NuM_wko3V7m7lh/view?usp=drive_link

Looking forward to hear, how you get along. Cool airport, thanks for sharing this. Now I have to get this nice Kenia Airways paint from your video. 🙂

Dan

Thanks for looking into this. Im quite new to editing afcads and fixing terrain. I have manged to fix some airports I have, but this one seemed to be the hardest one, as i was not too sure why it was acting weird. 

As for the KQ livery, here is the link to it. https://forum.inibuilds.com/files/file/1726-kenya-airways-e190-v3-5y-ffa/

I have now tested the airport, it looks much better than my fix attempt. ive not seen any texture vanish like in my version. Though, the tower needs an exclude on your version. There is a default building there.

Edited by NATORDEN
added feedback on scenery fix

5 hours ago, NATORDEN said:

I have now tested the airport, it looks much better than my fix attempt. ive not seen any texture vanish like in my version. Though, the tower needs an exclude on your version. There is a default building there.

Ok, had a look at this. It looked so matching, I could hardly see it and it didn't show when loading default buildings, strange. Thanks a lot finding this. I have uploaded a fixed file.

• Like 1

I have a quick question:

I have an airport from the FSX days (Aersofts Monastir) and unfortunately there doesnt seem to be any p3dv5.4 version out there for Monastir . Is there any risk in using this airport in p3dv5.4? 

What I currently did is that I copied over the files to P3D addon folder and then added them to the scenery library and it all looked good when I test flew around it a couple of times. I am just worried that the airport might be incompatible in anyway (aka lead to crashes) since it was originally designed for 32 bit FSX. 🙂

Edited by Blasb

i7 13700K @ 5.3 ghz / DeepCool AK620 Cooler / MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi / 32GB Trident DDR5 RAM @ 7200 mhz / 24GB Gainward 3090 Geforce RTX  / 2 TB SSD WD Black SN850X NVMe / 1 TB SSD Samsung 990 Pro series / 2 TB SSD Samsung 980 Pro Series / 500 gb and 250 gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 / RM1000W Corsair PSU

@Blasb, if it looks okay it will be okay. If there are no elevation issues like signs appearing above the ground it will be fine. Many FSX airports are fine with P3D. Classic example being FSDreamTeam ones. Nothing fancy but fully compatible.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather