Sign in to follow this  
Gabe777

The Ads on This Site Will Finish You

Impossible to type On an android device  .    You will lose   everyone eventually .      Change your system for Gods sake ...    look at the stte of this typing.    i cant be bothered to goback and faff about.    What an utter  clustur f# %^  

• Like 1

Yes, the ads are not very well implemented. Some more issues that I observed:

- On a Mac, it frequently happens to me that the ads on the right side are rendered somewhere in the middle instead.

- When I try to use multi-quote, the "finish" button is almost always hidden behind an ad.

- Whoever provides the actual ads needs to be more selective about their customers: I got a lot of fake McAfee warnings with phishing links, only on this site. I read about it and was able to stop that by blocking specific web sites (windows-protector dot com and scan-virus dot com)

If that's an incentive: a few days ago I wanted to make my annual donation, but I stopped when I saw one particularly annoying ad on the donation page. I am sure I will donate again, Avsim is one of my favourite sites; however, it didn't happen last week.

Peter 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes! Sort it out !

I nearly had an epileptic fit yesterday… my screen was flashing , parts of the screen moving round the screen text jumping about…. Just ridiculous 

and a major turn off from this site.

• Like 1

Luke Pype

I was having similar issues on my iPhone/iPad.  I installed Ad Blocker Pro (free version) and all is good now.  Not sure if they have an Android version or not.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

29 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I was having similar issues on my iPhone/iPad.  I installed Ad Blocker Pro (free version) and all is good now.  Not sure if they have an Android version or not.

That bandaid doesn’t fix the problem though.

I shouldn't be required to download another program to visit avsim. 

I know its not your doing and because of that, im thankful for your suggestion.

• Like 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda