Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

We Love VFR - Some updates from PuffinFlight's Discord.

Decided to check PuffinFlight's discord today and I was greeted by some cool announcements.  Very nice.   He's really made the sim come alive.

Glad to see he's doing well during his recovery from covid.

01/26/2022

I wanted to release small updates for region 1 & 2 this month, but I have the most common excuse these days - covid I'm ok now, but had to spend some time in bed, so I'm behind schedule. Anyway you deserve to see some progress. This thing will be added to Region 2. T.A.R.S. - Tethered Aerostat Radar System. The tallest man-made vfr obstacles. 8 locations with aerostats floating at around 11000 ft.

unknown.png?width=2296&height=1222

02/14/2022

Beta of Region 2 went to testers! If you want to join beta testing just DM me. Second object type coming in 0.6 - CROSSES. Weird, I know, and there are not many of these. Just few dozens, but they will be more prominent in Europe (around 160). Still, nice little addition to have, and some of these are quite massive. PS: Church towers and minarets are totally different issue and won't be resolved until we get access to autogen SDK.

We-Love-VFR-Region2-MSFS-Addon-11.jpg

We-Love-VFR-Region2-MSFS-Addon-12.jpg

02/21/2022

Time to show the last new feature of 0.6 - flare chimneys... or whatever they are called. Around 200 of them in Region 2, more in Region 1. Region 2 is nearly done and should be released this week.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

https://discord.com/channels/772041345006436363/829996171204100166

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 8

Puffin also plugged an addon by Mamu,  

01/12/2022

Hi @everyone Good friend of our project @mamu82 just released an awesome add-on for VFR flying. Power lines and solar farms. Name is pretty self-explanatory

Grab it here » https://flightsim.to/file/26186/powerlines-and-solar-farms

powerlines-and-solar-farms-ue3Os.jpg?wid

powerlines-and-solar-farms-7NeHp.jpg?wid

Mamu is the author of "Project Lifts - Chairlifts, Gondolas and Cablecars of the entire World" ,  https://flightsim.to/file/14840/project-litfts-europe

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 2

Topic was moved to forum Virtual Reality (VR) for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)

I think an AVSim Mod has got confused, this is not a VR (specific) mod but a general one that belongs in the main forum😉

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Sorry!  Was reacting to a REPORT that the topic belonged in the VR forum.  I see that it is VFR.

Moved back to the MSFS 2020 forum.

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The Region 2 update is out now

Download fails to start. Soon as I get done posting this I'll try again. Bet it will work!

Yep, works every time. all OK now.

Edited by Twenty6
speeling
  • Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Just gonna leave this here,  because it fits in with the other global improvement addons.  It's a visual mod which adds VOR and ILS antennas,  and approach lighting.  It simply places models which are already in the sim's default object library,  into real world correct locations.

https://flightsim.to/file/10816/world-navaids

Note: This does not create navdata in any form. It only adds the visual scenery objects for navaids at their correct locations around the world. There are no custom-made objects. I simply built this mod by writing a script that can autogenerate navaid scenery objects in an XML file that can be compiled by the MSFS SDK to a scenery package. This could have been easily provided as part of the base sim, but since it doesn't, I decided to make a mod for it.

Edited by Waldo Pepper

I can't wait for someone to load all the scenery on flightsim.to.

ns

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I was just flying through the Florida Keys to Key West.   I noticed something on the horizon that looked like a blimp, so I decided to check it out.  Turns out that there is a T.A.R.S. - Tethered Aerostat Radar System located approx 5nm NW of Summerland Key Airport (FD51).

Pretty cool.  It has one tethered to the ground station,   one flying at high altitude, and a telemetry dish to monitor it.     There are a few unrelated radio towers and power transmission lines not too far from them,  all from Puffin's VFR mod.    He really spiced that area up a bit.   

• Like 2