Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Q400 and Streamdeck

I’ve just acquired an Elgato streamdeck and looking to be able to find/build a profile for use with the Majestic Q400 on P3D

I don’t seem to be able to find a profile anywhere. The best info I’ve been able to find is one post on the Majestic forum where someone says they are using it in conjunction with Spad.Next.

It seems the streamdeck functionality is limited to the complete version priced at €90.

id like to check there isn’t a more cost effective way of achieving what I want before dropping €90, especially as I won’t use most of the Spad.next functions.

Is anyone already using a Streamdeck with the Q400 please? If so, are you using Spad.Next or another method?

If anyone has already built a full/partial Q400 Streamdeck profile that they’d be willing to share I would be very grateful as well please?!

Cheers

Edited by kevinfirth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I think Lorby’s AAO works with the stream deck. I would check that out over Spad. The Lorby forum here is very helpful as well. I’m using AAO with an X-touch mini and I was able to set up the Q400 with it. FYI - I have the Training Edition of the Q400. 

1 minute ago, Iadbound said:

I think Lorby’s AAO works with the stream deck. I would check that out over Spad. The Lorby forum here is very helpful as well. I’m using AAO with an X-touch mini and I was able to set up the Q400 with it. FYI - I have the Training Edition of the Q400. 

Excellent, I have AAO already. Didn’t see any reference to the Q400 on the forum here though. Will check that out first, thanks.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Hey Kevin.  I've been deliberating getting one of these also.  I recently updated my SpadNext to open up more working airplanes with my cockpit master CDU.  I'm on their discord.  It can be helpful but it also feels like the group is mostly spad experts and as a newcomer it can be challenging.  Can you keep us up to date on your progress?  The Q is one of my favorites in the hangar.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Can you keep us up to date on your progress?  The Q is one of my favorites in the hangar.  

Of course yes

• Like 2

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

Of course yes

Hi Kevin, I am interested as well. I picked up a used stream deck after getting hooked on scisimmers videos years ago as he used one.   It remains in the box 🙂

Sadly his excellent videos appear to be gone. 

Thanks!

Dan

• Like 1

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

I saw on here there was a link to a git hub site that had 4 profiles made.  But sadly not a q400 one.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

For what it's worth...
I'm using Streamdeck in combination with EZDok to switch my self made VC-views. (Forward, Forward-Left, Left, AP, FMC, etc ,etc)
The 15-key Steamdesk gives me just enough buttons (but you can add/use more templates)

Recentely I bought the X-Touch mini and use that one for the AP rotary switches, push/pull etc in my FSLabs A32x. (requires AAO)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

11 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Thankyou Oliver,

That seems fairly straightforward, the script for each new control just needs the control code changing for each as well as the Lvar name (is this predetermined or can it be any unique string?), and the resultant Lvar bound to the streamdeck action.  Or have I oversimplified this? 🤣

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Thankyou Oliver,

That seems fairly straightforward, the script for each new control just needs the control code changing for each as well as the Lvar name (is this predetermined or can it be any unique string?), and the resultant Lvar bound to the streamdeck action.  Or have I oversimplified this? 🤣

You can use any LVar names that you want, there are no rules. Just be aware of the distinction between AAO internal LVars (no "unit") and those that go to the simulator (unit ", Number").
(L:mylvar) is AAO internal
(L:mysimlvar, Number) is a simulator LVar that will be synchronized with the sim.

The latter is unnecessary when you are just using a couple of "personal" LVars to control your script state. You only need to send LVars to the sim when the aircraft actually uses them (and that will never be the case with LVars that you invented)

And you usually bind the script itself to the StreamDeck button. No need to haggle with additional LVars.

So in my example in the linked thread I toggled the autofeather. That would be set up like this:
- Scriptgroup: "Q400"  (or whatever you want to call it)
- Scriptname: "Autofeather" (again, whatever you want to call it)
- Scriptcode: "1·(L:Q400AFState)·-·(>L:Q400AFState)·(L:Q400AFState)·(>L:MJC_VAR_WRITE_VALUE,·Number)·68825·(>L:MJC_VAR_WRITE_CODE,·Number)" 
(note the distinction between my invented internal control variable and the Lvars that go to the sim)

On the StreamDeck you would assign this to an action as
- Write event: K: "Q400-Autofeather"   (scriptgroup-scriptname)
- Read variable: L: "Q400AFState"

But as described in the thread, this only works if you never touch the switch in the VC. If you click on it with the mouse, then the L:Q400AFState will be out of sync, because it isn't synchronized with the sim. If you want that synchronization, you have to work with automated scripts and read the value of the intended system from the sim all the time - also described in the thread.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI